• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A fuseable link photo map?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything your looking for is covered in the -20 TM.

mistaken1

If you replace all the fuse links please be sure to document (with pictures and arrows) what you removed (fuse links) and what you replaced them with (fuses or breakers and their ratings) and upload it all here to help the next guy who asks. :)

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About a year ago you posted this,
. Tomorrow upward and onward to the cucv. Bought two 40 amp breakers to wire is parallel for a fuse-able link, will try that first. Fingers crossed.

M1008driver

An electrical fusible link is a type of electrical fuse that is constructed simply with a short piece of wire typically four American wire gauge sizes smaller than the wire that is being protected. For example, an AWG 16 fusible link might be used to protect AWG 12 wiring. Electrical fusible links are common in high-current automotive applications. The wire in an electrical fusible link is encased in high-temperature fire-resistant insulation to reduce hazards when the wire melts.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fusible_link#cite_note-0
Go to JEGS or EBAY and type in fusible link. That's the easy way anyhow.

Doghead,
That was the blazer. I replaced a bad link and a main power feed, as I recall. I've used the same on this truck for the main feeds. I'd like to find all the fuseable links and do something with them.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Althought this thread doesn't have ALL the CUCV fusible links listed it is a good start.

Why don't you dig out the wiring diagrams, find all the links, take pictures and then add them to the thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/74776-fusible-links-101-a.html

I just checked the wiring diagrams and it shows that there are 22 fusible links in the engine compartment (did not check the M1010 diagrams)

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fusible links are located at the 24v terminal block, 12v terminal block, GEN2, glowplug relay and the glowplugs

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only 20 of them matter, unless you use the ICE/STE port.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks