• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A HD ex-military 8X8

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: m125

How much, Jeff?

I find it interesting that camouflage on US military trucks wasn't standardarized until 1973 or 1974, at which point the M125s should have been surplussed out. Yet, there it is above in MERDC livery.

red devils dude

RE: m125

I saw this post and want to add that a farm near me (3 miles) has one of these trucks sorry no data plates
it looks like a 10 ton gasser with 3 rear drive axles, it was kind of dark when I looked at it so I couldn't see
the suspension but I'll go back ASAP and take a bunch of pics.

Alaskossie

On the York Steel truck in Anchorage, all three axles were driven. It looked like the first two axles represented the original wheelbase. It was plain to see where the frame had been extended to take the third powered axle.

As far as I know this truck is not for sale (though I don't know where it went; it was parked on the side of the road when I took the photos).

Alaskossie

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: RE: m125

red devils dude said:
I saw this post and want to add that a farm near me (3 miles) has one of these trucks sorry no data plates
it looks like a 10 ton gasser with 3 rear drive axles, it was kind of dark when I looked at it so I couldn't see
the suspension but I'll go back ASAP and take a bunch of pics.
Where are those pics RDD? Does it have a front winch?

jeli

RE: Re: RE: m125

I was searching past goverment auctions in MN this year. I can't find it again but there were M125's, two or three, listed on a GSA auction in northern MN this May or June. I want to say it was a Heartland GSA auction, not internet but live auction. Wonder where they went?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Re: RE: m125

jeli said:
I was searching past goverment auctions in MN this year. I can't find it again but there were M125's, two or three, listed on a GSA auction in northern MN this May or June. I want to say it was a Heartland GSA auction, not internet but live auction. Wonder where they went?
There were two of them - and they both went to collector friends of mine.

Both were missing their beds - but one fellow has already found THE bed for his, not just a bed, but the one Mack had put on it at the factory.

Regards,
David

jeli

Re: RE: Re: RE: m125

DDoyle said:
jeli said:
There were two of them - and they both went to collector friends of mine.

Both were missing their beds - but one fellow has already found THE bed for his, not just a bed, but the one Mack had put on it at the factory.

Regards,
David
nopics

I just had to!!! Inquiring minds want to know.

ulf

Rather remarkable to see those pics - I grew up seeing that truck regularly in Anchorage. I was down at the Anchorage port on a monthly basis and was always impressed with the beast. It was occasionally used to move electrical transformers or breakers around town for the electric utilities.
The port also had two Manitowoc 3900T truck cranes down there - very impressive, 3 axles w/ duals in the back and 3 steerable axles in front. Fond memories...

ulf

The photos he posted of the truck covered in snow were particularly helpful. We're nearing a yearly snowfall record here in Anchorage, but the snow will eventually disappear. Love to see some pics sans snow. Amazing the truck still exists...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks