• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A heads up for HEMTT seekers

HEMTT lover

I am stationed on Camp Lejeune and have watched as our DRMO lot has filled up in the last couple weeks with HEMTT's which I assume are going to be put up for auction. No clue as to when and no one that works there will say where to find info, but there are a couple of us that are trying to get our hands on one. At last count there were 65 HEMTT's on the lot and I have seen more being taken down there. Will update as soon as I get more info.

Derrickl112

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will most likely be sent back to oshkosh for rebuild or sold to some other country....

FYI the last HEMTT at auction sold for around $25,000

Last edited:

HEMTT lover

Thanks, most are the Marine Corps LVS, not the traditional HEMTT that I prefer driving. We are getting rid of all the old 8x8 LVS's and replacing them with the 10x10. The new ones are cadillacs compared to the old 8x8's. There were 10 actual HEMTT's on the lot. Will try and swing by there over the weekend to see if there are more.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
They should be. Hate driving them, I always get motion sickness from steering those pieces of junk.
Appearently they are squirriley on the road too...saw one flip over going down a hill at Fort Benning back in the 80's.....the driver said the backend tried to pass the front when he braked and he took the ditch to keep from head-oning a bus.

Doubt if they will go out the gate whole.

halftrack

The headache comes from improper training and speeding. However, after being inside the new one with the led screen, they are pretty sweet!