• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little deuce makeup

ivbeenrokd

Looking good, how did the cover work out? Which one did you use?
Thanks Bill. Cover works great. I'm not sure which one I used, but I picked the one that looked dirtier. I put it on to protect the bed until I either get the inside cleaned up and painted or get the deuce under roof. The truck doesn't really get sun where I park it next to my house: Good for the top, bad for the solargizer.

GoHot229

Thats looking better and better every day. I'm doing the same with the paint scheme, ie. the OD Vietnam era look. It seems that while it looks good, it looks amiss, that is ....on .my outfit anyway. Its like it dosn't look as good for some reason, and thinking about it, I got to thinking it's simply the lack of white markings, thats all. Once we progress to that step, I think the 'looks; will come around to the finished phase. But on another note, my Deuce as of late has been running the best it ever has since I'v owned it. It starts with a quick starter button push, imediatly starts up, and as soon as the oils up, it settles down to a smooth near-vibration-free idle, and did I mention SMOOOOOTTHHH... And running on the road? even better than ever before. I can atribuate it mabe to the weather, that is its been in the 70's now for a while and 45-50's at night. still when I do start in the morning, it quickly builds oil and settels to a nice humm, even the in-cab noise seems diminished, and I'm thinking by minimun of 1/4 of before. This is the season for my Deuce with the bodywork (very minimal) all done, and finishing the painting. Theres a member here on Steel Soldiers who has the markings in (DECAL) form, his name dos'nt come to mind this second, but He's got an M37??? I'm pretty sure.. But his decals will finish the Deuce off for me other than tires, a coupe at a time, though mine arent bad at all, then concentrate on bows and cover. Its nice to see these trucks come into their own, as ivbeenrokd and mine. Builds in progress..... thats what its all about....yeppers!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks