• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little EUC help please

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I needed an export letter. I knew that in advance and included it. The paper pushers that handle the EUCs are so used to requesting them. My first email from them stated I needed to file one along with a correction on my EUC form. The first email was immediately followed with one saying never mind the export letter you already submitted it.
By the way my "papare pusher" was very polite and handled her job well. I called and talked to her several hours after I resubmitted my forms.
I didn't know about the export letter for my first EUC so had to send it later. For my second purchase (Thursday) I emailed everything right after the sale and confirmed that it was recieved even though I hadn't gotten an invoice yet.

fabiodriven

How did all you guys know to send an export letter? I didn't see anything about that anywhere and I was never asked for one. I sent in my EUC last week. Should I just send an export letter now?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How did all you guys know to send an export letter? I didn't see anything about that anywhere and I was never asked for one. I sent in my EUC last week. Should I just send an export letter now?
I didn't know the first time and didn't find out until they sent me a request for an EUC revision. She sent me a copy of the letter then and I just made sure for my next one I sent it along too.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you didn't send one in you're not going to get your EUC back so I would suggest linking up with the live chat on GL and asking them to send you a copy.

fabiodriven

If you didn't send one in you're not going to get your EUC back so I would suggest linking up with the live chat on GL and asking them to send you a copy.
Oh jesus christ... How sure are you about that? They never asked me for one in the first place. I would think if it were part of the procedure they would've already said something.

jimm1009

your EUC submission

I have mentioned this before.

What I do is print it out and then sign in blue ink so they know that it is an original. I then mail it in with the other enlarged, color copies of my I.D, etc.
If you fax it, they can say for months and months that it was never received.
Same for e-mail.

Send it Priority, Certified Mail. It is worth the 7 to 8 dollars to have this little green card that is Legal Proof that they received it.
The famous green card will hold in any U.S. court of law and is
really cheap insurance & piece of mind.

Just my 1.7 cents worth.

Good luck

fabiodriven

What I do is print it out and then sign in blue ink so they know that it is an original. I then mail it in with the other enlarged, color copies of my I.D, etc.
Same for e-mail.

Send it Priority, Certified Mail. It is worth the 7 to 8 dollars to have this little green card that is Legal Proof that they received it.

Just my 1.7 cents worth.

Good luck
OK, so they definately need the export letter then? When were they going to tell me that? So where do I get one? I don't see it in the "Forms" section at GL.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK, so they definately need the export letter then? When were they going to tell me that? So where do I get one? I don't see it in the "Forms" section at GL.
Get on the Live Help on the GL website and you'll be communicating with an actual person. They can email you a copy of it and if you send it right back you can probably keep up the conversation until they verify it's been recieved. Or get the person's name and see if you can email it to their attention (what I did) and ask for a confirmation from them.

fabiodriven

Get on the Live Help on the GL website and you'll be communicating with an actual person. They can email you a copy of it and if you send it right back you can probably keep up the conversation until they verify it's been recieved. Or get the person's name and see if you can email it to their attention (what I did) and ask for a confirmation from them.
OK, thanks. Looks like I'll have to do it Monday.

jimm1009

Export Letter

Here is a editable version in Word and a 2nd one in PDF in case someone does not have Word.

Just print it out,
Print your information very neatly or type it and then
send it off to them.

Must be signed and dated and I recommend dating the same as EUC.

Jim

Attachments

Last edited:

jimm1009

Export Letter

Meat is good for you! :-D :razz:

Perhaps someone else can snatch it off this thread.
It's o.k. to ask for help if you're not sure.

Always better to have too much paperwork when dealing with Uncle Sam rather than being short.
They love killing trees.

Jim out

gonorth

"Must be signed and dated and I recommend dating the same as EUC."

Oops, I just emailed an EUC with an export form dated from another EUC that I sent in two weeks ago. Hope they like it. Guess it just does not pay to take the smallest little short cut.

Sumoman

Same for e-mail.

Just my 1.7 cents worth.

Good luck
I agree. I had to bug the living crap out of them, daily, to make sure they not only told me in an email that they received it but to insure they made sure the web site also stated it was sent off. was a pain but I am sure they are used to it. My issue was I emailed it to 2 different people and still had to email it again. A certified letter plus the email would be better. Redundancy is a good thing. PLUS:

A color OL is needed, so you might as well send it off as well.

Last edited:

fabiodriven

Did you submit it on the 17th or did it get sent to Battlecreek then? I'm still waiting for mine. It's been almost 20 days :cry:
I'm sorry- submitted the 12th, went to battle creek the 17th, approved on the 24th.

If it has anything to do with it, I'm ex-army and I just had a backround check for HAZMAT. Probly doesn't matter, though...

Sumoman

Oh they realize you are ex-military, what clearance you had, or anything else related... you can believe that.

Kinda like the sat photos, you KNOW the government can see the heat signature from a fart if I can see my old Toyota PK in my back yard on the free google earth:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks