• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A little, Nice Surprise

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're so right. 500 is a good long day in a deuce. That's the mark I shoot for now especially with the little guy riding along. I'f I'm doing the typical 1100 mire trip I'll try my best to squeeze it into 2 days. Seems that everything I do is 1100 miles away. Aberdeen, Gravelrama in CLeves OH.

rizzo

I got a nice surprise today. I picked up my M101 and I got a sf-97 and the slave cable was still in the bed. I think that is worth $100 ????

JRBAMATEX

Bottleworks, looking at your avatar it looks like that truck may have been at Ft Gillem? Those are good trucks and the GL site managers are good guys there two. Glad to here you had a good experience at Ft Gillem. Way better than mine but I still wound up with a good truck. If it's not leaking gear oil from Tranny, Transfer Case or drive shaft pinion seals after all those miles it should be an awesome truck! Congratulations!!! Have fun.

derby

they let you drive it off the base ???I was informed that it had to be hauled off base, by GL staff yesterday! going to look thursday wish me luck.I will ask them again, this time with a big pleeeease! (are the great GL staff starting to run things there own way,base by base?) :shock:

bottleworks

I can't say I didn't have leaks. I didn't notice all the axle vents were covered with thick mud. Once the axles heated up, the pressure started forcing the oil past the seals. Cleaned them up and that took care of it. This truck has some minor issues, the oil pressure gauge needs to be rebuilt (sticks), fuel gauge didn't work, charging gauge is inop, windshield cracked, some of the wood needs to be replaced, etc...

I rebuilt the fuel sending unit today, so now that's one less thing to fix! It's nice to know how much fuel there is in the tank.

bottleworks

Yea, I had no issues driving it off. When I called to confirm when I was picking it up, the site mgn asked if I was going to drive it off. He didn't have a problem with it. He even said that I shouldn't have a problem driving it out. I guess it depends on the site?...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks