• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

a lot of oil everwhere

chevy79k5

ok guys i got a m1009 and it is pissing oil everwhere. the hole passenger side is covered in oil all the way back to the tail gate. the hole under side of the truck is soaked on the passenger side. the drive side is dry. ive lookd everwhere i could today out in the -10 weather and cant seam to find anything. any ideas of places or things to look at would be great. thanks ryan

67_C-30

BTW, your oil cooler lines come off the driver's side of the block and cross the radiator and go into the passenger side of the radiator. The tranny lines come off the passenger's side and ends up on the driver's side of radiator.

DokWatson

Turn the truck on and just watch underneath it until it drips and start from there. Oil will get sprayed everywhere when driving, hard to say where its coming from just looking at the spray, **** near impossible.

Milbikes

Just check and top of your oil before starting it......sounds like a lot may have been lost.

chevy79k5

ya id say there is a good 3qts under it right now if not more. i can tell its something on the passenger side its the only side of the block and front axle that is covered. i just did a rear main on it in july an new oil pang gasket. i havent had any leaks or problems til now.

chevy79k5

ok guys so i got around to looking at the truck today i wiped everything as clean as i could get it and toped off the oil. i started it let it run for a good 20 min and i dont see any oil dripping only this i see dripping if fuel (withch i knew about alredy) i do see alot of white smoke coming from around the starter so i shut it down moved all the wires nothing is melted so dont thing the smoke is from that. fired it buck up still got a lot of smoke around the starter. toke it for a drive around the block it seams varry under powered and the throttle pedal seams very stiff. (sorry about spelling and crap. thats not my best area)

chevy79k5

i dont think its the started it dosent sound like its engaged when the truck is running. i think in the am im gona drop it see if i can see anything. any other ideas would be great thanks

Flyingvan911

If you are getting oil on the botton of the truck, you may have gotten some on/in the starter. White smoke could be hot motor oil in the starter. You may need to drive around the block to raise your rpm and oil pressure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks