• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A new kind of HMMWV

jeffy777

This is an ad I saw on FB:
Decided to part ways with my HMMWV. Please share!Current registration and clean/clear Texas title. Garage kept since purchased. Govplanet auction price was $XX,XXX. All fluids changed (gear hubs, engine, tranny, transfer case, coolant, blinker fluid, etc). 6.5L diesel, 3 speed transmission. Recent alignment, high back mrap seats, 4 soft doors in great shape with windows, everything works as it should. 13,200 miles on meter. Oil pressure idle (cold) - 60psi Oil pressure idle (warm) - 32psi Drives smooth and straight. Zero rust anywhere. All tires in great shape. Also comes with all original seats, cushions, rear cargo cover, and front brush guard. Located in Lake Jackson, Texas. Price is $XX,XXX.

Good luck changing the blinker fluid! ;)

orgnal

This is an ad I saw on FB:
Decided to part ways with my HMMWV. Please share!Current registration and clean/clear Texas title. Garage kept since purchased. Govplanet auction price was $XX,XXX. All fluids changed (gear hubs, engine, tranny, transfer case, coolant, blinker fluid, etc). 6.5L diesel, 3 speed transmission. Recent alignment, high back mrap seats, 4 soft doors in great shape with windows, everything works as it should. 13,200 miles on meter. Oil pressure idle (cold) - 60psi Oil pressure idle (warm) - 32psi Drives smooth and straight. Zero rust anywhere. All tires in great shape. Also comes with all original seats, cushions, rear cargo cover, and front brush guard. Located in Lake Jackson, Texas. Price is $XX,XXX.

Good luck changing the blinker fluid! ;)
Here is how the blinker fluid is checked ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxkHqPXwNZ4

McReddy

riderdan

I've known guys like this. He'll also sell you a pack of grid squares for your maps, as well as brand new chemlight batteries, and then send you off to Co. HQ to look for a PRC-E8

jeffy777

Here is how the blinker fluid is checked ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxkHqPXwNZ4

McReddy
Thanks for the video. IMPORTANT STUFF!

Well before you do that I feel you must really take care to rotate the muffler and inspect and or replace the muffler bearings (This might require you taking it to a shop).

Make sure you have summer air in your tires. A lot of people do not know this but sometimes the compressor has the wrong seasonal air and it does not do the job correctly. Best practice is to blow it up yourself. So the procedure (I think this is in the -82 TM): 1.) Take the wheel assembly (tire and rim) off the vehicle (remember to use jack stands). 2.) Remove the valve stem core (Removers are very inexpensive). 3.) Push out the old or last seasons air. 4.) Blow in to your best ability new seasonal air (This may be tough, use your tongue as a stopper when inhaling new seasonal air. YOU CAN BE AS GOOD AS ANY COMPRESSOR). 5. Quickly install valve stem core. 6.) Finish off with compressor to desired PSI. (This process here may lengthen the life of the tire and correct a lot of imbalance found in your tires.)

Those are a few procedures I find STEEL-SOLDIERS tends not to spend time on but are very important. ;)

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Oh my my, a lot of work................
But it 'tis an escapee from Home Forum General The mess hall Joke of the day"

I remember
50 feet of flight line
a bucket of steam etc etc

gcbennet

Don't forget the buckets of prop wash, sky hooks, and checking the carrier's road wheel tire pressures. lol By the way, the new spools of flight line should only be the high-vis yellow type. If they come back with white it's the older winter stuff we don't use any more, so send them back searching for the new all-season yellow.

fllaw1

Thanks for the video. IMPORTANT STUFF!

Well before you do that I feel you must really take care to rotate the muffler and inspect and or replace the muffler bearings (This might require you taking it to a shop).

Make sure you have summer air in your tires. A lot of people do not know this but sometimes the compressor has the wrong seasonal air and it does not do the job correctly. Best practice is to blow it up yourself. So the procedure (I think this is in the -82 TM): 1.) Take the wheel assembly (tire and rim) off the vehicle (remember to use jack stands). 2.) Remove the valve stem core (Removers are very inexpensive). 3.) Push out the old or last seasons air. 4.) Blow in to your best ability new seasonal air (This may be tough, use your tongue as a stopper when inhaling new seasonal air. YOU CAN BE AS GOOD AS ANY COMPRESSOR). 5. Quickly install valve stem core. 6.) Finish off with compressor to desired PSI. (This process here may lengthen the life of the tire and correct a lot of imbalance found in your tires.)

Those are a few procedures I find STEEL-SOLDIERS tends not to spend time on but are very important. ;)
ROFL, I did fall for the go get me a ID10t wrench from supply many years ago. Hey why are you selling if don't mind me asking?

jeffy777

ROFL, I did fall for the go get me a ID10t wrench from supply many years ago. Hey why are you selling if don't mind me asking?
Thanks for enjoying the humor.

I am not selling. Maybe I said something wrong, somewhere to give your that impression. I have a M998 and I just bought a M998A1(so I am buying).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks