• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A new project begins...new M108 owner in SC

MagPede

Hey y'all, I have what I believe to be a M108..well..crane at least. It's mounted to a 1951 GMC 740 that I have had my eye on nearly all my life. It finally came up for sale this past year and I had to have it. I'm hoping maybe you guys can help me out with any questions I may have along the way. I see that some say the M108 was very light duty but I find this a bit odd considering the stories I've heard about this truck. It had the market cornered in town back in the day for hauling semis and the like. Anywho, hopefully I can upload a couple pics if anyone would like to see.0618161051.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes I'd say it was an M108 at one point. As Jim said, you have your work cut out for you. Guess you'll be intimate with the sand blasting process soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks