• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A new way to use a mil trailer on a civy vehicle!

jimh1985

Everyone wants a way to use their mil trailer on a civy vehicle or the other way around so i say how about wiring it to use either type! I dont want to just use it one way i need both, it just seems better that way.
My way is a bit rough but it works... Take a look!

I drilled a hole into the housing added a socket for a new light and ran separate wires with a 4 prong adapter to use on a reg truck. the secondary bulb is a 12V bulb.

Let me know what you guys think.

Oh be sure to use a proper tow vehicle to get it into the garage!
Tow veh http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z196/jimh1985/20110519180929.jpg

movies are better than pics.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYvqClCcrDw[/media]

jimh1985

I knew ppl would want part numbers I forgot to include them
I got everything from advance auto parts.

4prong plug #48110 $8.00
lamp socket #85820 $5.00 X2
Roll of trailer wire #49915 I got the shaft on this one $15.00
Light bulbs 1 pack of #1157 LL $5.00

solder and heat shrink I already had, what man doesn't have this in his tool selection. [thumbzup]

davidkroberts

simple and effective. I was just going to wire in some walmart LED lights and see what happened with dual voltage. sometimes i just wire another set of lights that are 12v.

this is easier

jimh1985

Yes I always try to do everything as simple as possible it took less than 1 hour to do the whole job!
Also it retains the factory look of the trailer to! :drool:
Also i didnt mention that the bulb sits behind the other bulbs in the case but it can still be changed by taking off the front cover just like the other bulbs