• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A penny for your thoughts

Cardinals23

I am absolutely new to thread sites like this, but always seem to find the most information coming from SS. So here I am jumping in with both feet like I am with buying a M35A3 from govliquidation. I am still pending my EUC but expect it back shortly. As a workaholic I am actually taking time off to drive mine home from Alabama to St. Louis. I have the money to ship it home but am too in love with the idea of driving it back that this adventure actually is pulling me away from my work (I think that is a good thing). To end this rant I would like to know if there are any threads about what to look for and check before starting the slow chug home. The site had a video of it driving, but I know that it means nothing. I'm dead set on driving it home and if she quits at least it will be closer to ship home. :D Thanks for the help!

R Racing

Search m35a3 recovery. there are some posts on this. Be careful if the front tires were flat and driven on . there known to blow because of internal damage.

Cardinals23

Appreciate it, a lot to cover in this site and your suggestions are much appreciated. I just downloaded the manual and think it is going to be a good project for the secretary tomorrow to three hole punch and binder it for me! I still can't convince her to come with me!

Cardinals23

Yes I did, it is a bit farther from what I originally set my max distance, but I guess I got carried away and wanted one bad enough I'm willing to risk the drive, or shipping if need be. Have you been there before? Any tips?

dburd72

Please keep your and every other driver on the road's safety in mind before you decide too drive it home Without proper time to pm the truck .

Cardinals23

I definitely will be keeping that in mind, like I said I can afford to ship it in case I don't believe that it will be safe. That is why I started this post to see if there are any tell tale signs to a no go on driving it home. Again I appreciate everyone's time.

jimmyzwei

the part that would worry me would be from Decatur to Nashville or is that already past the climb uphill on 65? Good Luck on your recovery. let us know how it goes