• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A picture of my fried Glow Plug Card

cmroles

I checked continuity of glow plugs and it passed. I then yanked my card to discover this, argh! http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s62/raf32/glowplugcard.jpg?t=1297118811
How do I put a manual switch to heat the glow plugs, there is no way I'm paying $500 for a card.
That board may be repairable if you have a little electronic knowledge (or know someone who does).

The component that fried is likely available from a Radio Shack (assuming you have one that still sells actual electronics and not just cell phones), and the burned traces can be patched with some small jumper wires soldered in. We used to do this on commo gear all the time when I was in the Service.

May be able to fix for only a few bucks, you never know!

dstang97

i believe thats what happens when you have multiple bad glow plugs and the working ones get more voltage and blow the card. Thats why a 12v GPR supply is a good choice.

dstang97

I tried to repair mine but could not find the correct resistor at radio shack. I was told it is a 24v 1watt resistor.

raf32

My options are:
Buy another card, not sure of price.
Repair card, not sure if anyone here can fix it yet.
Put in a manual switch to heat the glow plugs?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One more option, learn to use the search function.

Alot has been posted on all the issues in thread, educate yourself.

tanhmmwv

do the manual switch. you will not regret it.
if you buy a new card or repair the old one, buy 2, this issue will happen again.,

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just add a manual switch AND get/fix the new card. That way you will have a backup system in place.

raf32

I put in the manual switch and it's running again.
I hold the switch for 15-20 seconds, hope this is the right time.
I would also like to get my card repaired by 1stSarge, send me your info please.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Hey, theres a guy on here who recently posted that he has access to a bunch of these cards and it sounds like he can get them for a low price. Check the Forums...somewhere in the first 8-10 pages.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks