• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A question on a M1009 that has probably been asked 1,000 times

JAD561

So, I haven't been on the site for over 3 years due to multiple deaths in my family and then my own struggle with Covid, so here goes.
My 1984 M1009 has basically sat for 3 years without starting. We changed out the batteries and have it running. My issue is, on my last State Inspection in 2017, I had my fluids topped off. Apparently the service station mixed DOT 5 Brake Fluid in with the DOT 4 fluid that I was using. so now the master cylinder needs to be replaced due to the sludge in the reservoir from the seals breaking down.

So my question is, can anyone provide a replacement number for the Master Cylinder? I always had good luck at Napa and Autozone on parts,
but I can't seem to get an answer other than "This one might work" So any help would be greatly appreciated.

JAD561

So, I haven't been on the site for over 3 years due to multiple deaths in my family and then my own struggle with Covid, so here goes.
My 1984 M1009 has basically sat for 3 years without starting. We changed out the batteries and have it running. My issue is, on my last State Inspection in 2017, I had my fluids topped off. Apparently the service station mixed DOT 5 Brake Fluid in with the DOT 4 fluid that I was using. so now the master cylinder needs to be replaced due to the sludge in the reservoir from the seals breaking down.

So my question is, can anyone provide a replacement number for the Master Cylinder? I always had good luck at Napa and Autozone on parts,
but I can't seem to get an answer other than "This one might work" So any help would be greatly appreciated.
and I apologize in advance because I couldn't remember how to post and wound up here

shotty

Just to clarify, DOT 5 fluid is what should be in there, as that is what the govt used. If you were using DOT4 without flushing everything out, now would be a good time to do that before installing the new master cylinder. Use whichever fluid you want but make sure to flush the system and dont let anyone mix them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks