• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A radio for my radio

04mustang

radio1.jpgThis is my current radio setup (or lack there of) for my truck. I plan to put an RT524 and RT442 in it that do not work and have the parts gutted out of them for the most part. I then plan to have a speaker and inside the 524 and a way to connect an Ipod to the speaker through the front plate and listen to music without needing to do all of the battery modifications. I will then have a radio setup that looks the part and plays music when I want it to.

So if anyone has a RT524 or RT442 that doesn't work and missing the internals but looks decent, then let me know!

Thanks,
Corey

Last edited:

aceecaus

Here's a pic of my working radio set up. I have it setup a bit different for my iPod. I receive the music over the air on 49.9 mhz on my r-442 radio while still being able to communicate on my rt-524.

d596f7e04c1086251aa4b2c461f8fb6c.jpg

Dock Rocker

I am using a cheap Kinter 500 watt amp that had an iPod usb input as well as a normal headphone jack input. It has a remote as well that's handy.

It is small and it would tuck into whatever you wanted to put it in. It works well and can be had for almost nothing off of Amazon.

04mustang

Here is an updated pic, just added a few pieces I had from other projects.
Thought I'm pretty sure that's not where the decon bottle goes, it does make a good conversation piece for passengers!20160401_152854.jpg

04mustang

Does anyone know where the LS-454 loud speaker is supposed to be mounted in a hmmwv?
And what lengths of the CG-1773 cables will I need for the 524 and 442? These are going to be back corner fender mounted bases.

Thank you,
Corey

04mustang

Here is my setup so far.
The LS-671 will connect up with the MT-1029, but not the mount for the 442. This is done using the CX-13292 cable.
I mounted the speakers back where the were when I received the truck from the Army. It did have a FBCB2 in it though, as it had the mount for the GPS receiver and most of the cabling for that type of setup. But being as how I don't have a money tree in my back yard, I am going with the VRC-47 setup :-D

I am still looking for a RT-524 and have a good source for one if I don't find one this week (I plan to attend the Denton NC Military Show this Friday). I wont be bringing my truck though, I'll only be there for 1 day.

Attachments

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone know where the LS-454 loud speaker is supposed to be mounted in a hmmwv?
And what lengths of the CG-1773 cables will I need for the 524 and 442? These are going to be back corner fender mounted bases.

Thank you,
Corey
Yeah I'd like to know if there is a TM for mounting VIC1 systems in a HMMWV, where and what brackets for the intercom boxes/speaker! **** just a few pics of where the boxes are mounted and how. I'll fab something up as far as brackets. I'm using As3900 antennas so one cable per antenna, not two, no tuning like the original base, the cables that the vendor recommended for me are 21' long(mounted not on the fender, on the rear). I know I saw a TM somewherene that showed the fender mounted The cables I'm using from the RT524 and R442 for the antenna are CG 3855 Here's a pic of my radios, reconditioned and fresh carc. Spendy, maybe shoulda just got nice tested ones at half the price, but you makes your decisions and pay the price.

Attachments

04mustang

How do you get your ipad/iphone broadcast on 49.9? most of the FM broadcasts stop at lower 87.5 Mghz.
Z
You have to plug the ipad/whatever the device is into a transmitting device. there are youtube videos about it using a wireless headphone setup from a popular radio hutt store. but they no longer make it. so you will need to locate something that broadcasts on 49.9 Mhz

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks