• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A RED Engine for a TAN Truck....hmmm?

chgofiveo

You guys are all crazy!!!! That was all a mock up done in HO Scale... The train was a cardboard cut out...Are you kidding me?

(Now really, M920...PM me if I can have a ride in your truck...Dont tell the other guys! :wink:)

M920

Locomotive move specs

That is just all around cool. Very nice looking truck and repower. Is the locomotive a runner? How much does it weigh?
Thanks!

The Steam Locomotive on my M747 belongs to the Durango Railroad Historical Society. It was restored to operating condition and now pulls special trains on the Durango & Silverton Railroad. It was moved to Chama New Mexico on my M920A1 Truck and M747 Trailer for the last couple of years to also run special Freight Trains on the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad.

The Locomotive weights roughly 73'000 pounds. The total permitted weight for the Truck, Trailer and Loco was 138'000 pounds!
overall widh was 10' 6" and overall hight was 14' 9".

On this last move the Engine had to be picked up in Silverton Colorado. That meant that the trusty M920A1 had to haul this load over two of the steepest mountain passes in Colorado!

The Truck did not seem to mind it at all thought.......THANK YOU UNCLE SAM!! lol

area52

Thanks!

The Steam Locomotive on my M747 belongs to the Durango Railroad Historical Society. It was restored to operating condition and now pulls special trains on the Durango & Silverton Railroad. It was moved to Chama New Mexico on my M920A1 Truck and M747 Trailer for the last couple of years to also run special Freight Trains on the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad.

The Locomotive weights roughly 73'000 pounds. The total permitted weight for the Truck, Trailer and Loco was 138'000 pounds!
overall widh was 10' 6" and overall hight was 14' 9".

On this last move the Engine had to be picked up in Silverton Colorado. That meant that the trusty M920A1 had to haul this load over two of the steepest mountain passes in Colorado!

The Truck did not seem to mind it at all thought.......THANK YOU UNCLE SAM!! lol

That is seriously NUTS!!! I have driven that road alot and even it a regular vehicle its nerve racking, I can only imagine what its like with all that weight!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why did you leave the tag axle up, with all that weight? I suppose it does not turn well with it down?

TigerHawk

In Durango...

WOW! I live in Durango so this brings back memories! Thats cool!

Ok...as requested....here are some ISX 600 installation pics. This turned out to be quite "interesting" since this is a electronic engine. The overall result made it well worth all the effort thought!

Oh....and it gets better fuel milage than the original NTC400!

TigerHawk

Your dreaming...

I live here and saw the process. ITS NOT A FAKE!

You guys are all crazy!!!! That was all a mock up done in HO Scale... The train was a cardboard cut out...Are you kidding me?

(Now really, M920...PM me if I can have a ride in your truck...Dont tell the other guys! :wink:)

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Life can't get any better than a shot of MV's and Trains in one dose:drool:. Who needs drugs? The 315 looks just as good as an M1A1 on the back of that 747.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks