• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

...a STOLEN periscope..

wgtactical

Reluctently,after snooping around and asking about this,I must report that the top periscope on my FV432 APC was stolen during the MVPA Ropkey Museum meet in Sep. Someone unscrewed 3 of the 4 cap screws and then either broke the corner off the scope or jimmied it out,as the front left cap screw was still attached to the turret. I would ask that anyone who has info on this or can point me to the culprit will get a reward. The s.o.b. that took this piece did so in the dead of night and in the midst of all the MVPA campers in the immediate area. I will prosecute to the maximum limit of the law anyone who stole this periscope...probably several hundred dollars worth,if I can find another one. All leads will be reported to the proper police agency (ISP) and will remain annonymus. Emails are encouraged rather than posting any names of suspects. Any help in finding this periscope is appreciated.
Wow Len I sure hate to hear this, especially considering the trouble you went through just to make the display possible. There are some slime balls out there for sure, and I hope you can get some resolve to this situation. I know I certainly have my own brand of dealing with this kind of thing, but I can hardly recommend anyone else try it :twisted:

L999here

....(SALUTE) to all who reply...

Thank you,gentlemen...appreciate the replies and the thoughts. I just hope word of this will get out among the SS brotherhood. The piece may surface and can be readily identified. Your continued vigilance is asked for and will be rewarded.

Yohan

Hey Len, I just saw this thread. I'm not sure what periscope you are referring to? This one did not have the gunners periscope in the center of the two pictured on the left and right of the Peak Engineering turret. All that was there was a piece of particle board that was cap-screwed over the rectangular opening. It was like that when I first received it.

I'm just wondering if you maybe forgot that there was no center periscope on the turret and later thought it was stolen during the show. If you are missing the right or left periscope, then someone took one off because they were there, but there was no center periscope/gunner's site on this old girl! I hope I'm right about this, as it really sucks that someone would take anything off someone's rig, at a show no less. Please let me know what's up! I can clarify if my description is as clear as mud...

John

L999here

...Confirmation....

Must confess....the pic's I posted led me to believe that the center periscope was intact. The fact that someone had removed (3) cap screws and opened up this part of the turret was the determining factor. However....given the fact that Yohan,the previous owner,states that it was not there...lends credence to my error. I humbly admit I was wrong in my assumptions that the periscope was taken at the Ropkey MVPA meet in Sep. Thank you to Yohan for this important clarification. This happened due to my not being familiar with the Fv432 APC and not being in contact with the previous owner about this specific detail. Again....I was wrong to make the claim that the periscope was taken. My apoligies to all Steel Soldiers who were in attendance...your honor remains intact and hopefully no one was wrongfully thought to be a thief. I ask your forgivness and understanding. ..... MODERATOR....request permission to delete this post.

Yohan

Hey Len, you're welcome, but it's an honest mistake! I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think the thread shows how caring the MV community is when a member needs help (though there are many, many examples of this on SS!). I've had the pleasure of meeting Len and he's a Good Guy. If he's guilty of anything, it's not spending more time inside the APC with a good cigar and a cold one. Do that enough and you'll get to know her like your own Wife!

Like that cartoon character (Droopy Dog?) said, "If you had called the police; this never would have happened." :p Another Scooby Doo Mystery solved!!!

Rock On, Steel Soldiers! :driver: [thumbzup] :beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am happy to learn that your "situation" has been resolved.

I can delete the thread if you really want that but, I think simply "closing" the thread or just leaving it up, is a better choice.

We all make mistakes, you posted here for help, and you got it! Plenty can be learned by reading through this thread(and not just about armor).

Everyday I read through the posts on this site, I learn new things and am very impressed with the help people offer(in many many ways). 2cents

rhinob

Glad things worked out this way. I've been down this road.....nearly cost me my relationship with a good friend. It can happen to anyone.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HONOR is everywhere within this SteelSoldiers Brotherhood.

To be able to come forth and admit having made an "accusation" that later proved unfounded takes a tremendous amount of character.

I think I speak for many in saying that we're glad you found a happy ending here and no harm has been done - neither intentionally nor as collateral damage.

I also hope that even stronger bonds will be forged from this experience.

Thank you, gentlemen, for keeping us posted through all these developments.

John
San Angelo, TX
:driver:[thumbzup]

Last edited:

L999here

...thank you to all...!!!

Gentlemen...I remain in your debt. Thank you your understanding and good fellowship. To all who gave me encouragement and good info...thank you. There are few other places where we could do what we have accomplished here and I realize this. My profound thanks for all the help.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks