• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A successful recovery

Boxdoc1960

A successful recovery.

My Son and I left home at 2:25am this morning and made it to Ft. Meade shortly after 9:00, a little over 400 miles:driver:. Our appointment wasn’t with GL until 11:00 so we killed some time by doing preventative maintenance on our transportation/tow vehicle. I came prepared with about every tool I could think of and a tow bar just in case.

After getting on base, we had some trouble finding the GL office but finally managed:oops:. My first sight of the M1028 was a little disappointing to say the least:cry:. She’s going to need a lot of TLC but the folks at GL gave us a jump and she fired right up. I slapped some tags on her:roll: and we started the trip home at 11:30. She ran great but the 55 mph thing is a little tough for a lead foot like my self. Boy, those CUCV’s are built like a brick $*^& house!

We made it back in less than nine and a half hours. I’ve been home for about 45 minutes now and need to go hit the sack. Tomorrow the real work begins.

Again, thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Good night, God bless and keep the faith.

P.S. If the two guys I met at GL loading an M1008 read this, drop me a line.

HeadWizard

I've been home 45 minutes after an 19+ hour trip. Cut me a little slack:twisted:

I'll try and take some tomorrow!:-D
So how was Sarah and her helpers? She's always been very helpful. I'm going to see her next week to pick up an M1008 w/plow and a M1009.

You didn't happen to see the plow truck did you?

Boxdoc1960

Only when my Son said, "You should have got the one with the plow dad." Sorry, I was too focused on the task at hand.:cry:

Sarah and ... can't remember his name were very helpful. They gave me a jump and I was on my way.:-D

snock

Small world. I live over in Hayesville and I just drove my first green truck, an M1009, home today.

It's good to have another CUCV owner close by [thumbzup]

Boxdoc1960

Got any pictures?:p Where did you pick it up at and what made you turn green?
I got involved in a group of people that like to play soldier. ;-)

Maybe we can get together some time. :-D