• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A Tip on using rattle cans.

bguy193

For me, when painting camo, I like to use the rattle cans to do the outlines before flling in with the color. The fan tips on the the cans can be tricky doing the outlines without making a mess of your pattern. Here's a tip...... If you take a razor blade and carefully shave down the raised triangles next to the spray opening on the tip it will shoot a round spray rather than a fan spray. This will make outlining the camo pattern easier for a less experienced painter. Then you can fill in the pattern with the fan tips. Hope this helps somebody out there.

bguy193

Yup........ I use gillespie, I buy it in rattle can and by the gallon for spraying. Just another quick tip........To save some money, buy rattle cans of KRYLON flat black it is a perfect match.

mcmullag

What I have learned from a master rattle can painter, bulldogmack13.... for the black use a Rust-Oleum flat black enamel in a tall silver can at Lowes. Used along with Brown and Green 383 from RAPCO. nov 11.2012 005.jpgnov 11.2012 017.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks