• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A0 vs A1 Air/Hydraulic Pump

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Colt has a video up of rebuilding the A0. Might compare that to what you saw while doing your A1.

I watched that several times and the one by "Fastidious Restomods" on Abel, before I tore into mine. If you go to the above video and stop it at 6:27, mine didn't have the pipe that is in the manifold that is beside the dip stick. That was just one of several differences. Do I need that pipe?

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, with weather permitting, I got the Air/hydraulic pump back in, I guess it was just gummed up. After taking it apart, cleaning it, not using any of the parts from the rebuild kit, it works! After taking care of a couple air leaks, replacing the hand pump (it was not working correctly), cycling it several times, I believe I've got it. The air suspension even inflates.

Since this is my first MV and the first time with the air/hydraulic pump working, is it supposed to make a hammering like noise?
It works, just not sure about the noise it's making.

I've asked this before but never got a direct answer, can you repair or rebuild the manual pump (besides the O ring in the top end)?
My new pump doesn't even have a nut on the top end to take it apart and replace the O ring.

Thanks, be safe.

Last edited:

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since this is my first MV and the first time with the air/hydraulic pump working, is it supposed to make a hammering like noise?
It works, just not sure about the noise it's making.

As long as it's not a metal-on-metal or violent sounding hammering noise, yes, it's normal. That's the pneumatic portion in operation and completely normal. If that doesn't give you the warm fuzzies, post a video of it- or just the sound track- and I bet someone here would be able to confirm if you have a problem or not.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks