• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 Bed recovery QUESTIONS???

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Our 1968 M35A2 WO/W has a 1236-gallon poly tank, but our 1968 M35A2 W/W has a 500-gallon tank. The 1236-gallon tank was ordered before I was Chief. They measured the steel tank that was on our since retired 1967 M35, not knowing how many gallons it really was.

The "heavy" deuce has served us well, but If I were to do it over again, it would have a smaller tank. Our guys like being able to go out in the fields and not have to come back for water as often as the other trucks. One of our sister departments used to have a M35A2 with a 2000-gallon tank, it's since retired, the tranny from that truck is now in our M35 W/W.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior, didn't mean to hijack your thread, maybe we need another firefighter deuce thread.
No problem on the hijacking - This is, in part, a firetruck recovery.

BTW: I love the "front porch with a seaside view" you've got on that rig.

Thanks for sharing.

SEAFIRE

BTW: I love the "front porch with a seaside view" you've got on that rig.
Here's the "front porch" in action. note that the white painted rims didn't last long. Our 67' M35 and our old M211 also had similar bumpers.

Our 68' W/W in my profile is our first Firefighter deuce without the walk-on bumper.

the 2nd picture is us taking the W/W to a 10,000 acre inferno. I'm the one in the back wearing the gear with the white helmet. lol.

Attachments

Last edited: