• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3, How Sweet It Is. Year?

jpinst

M35a3

I got mine with less than 5000mi on it and everything works, including the CTIS which I really like.

Its my understanding they were re manufactured from 1996 to 1999. some Nat'l guard air wings still have them.

Dean

Pickleskipper

abh3... Congratulations on your new A3. That truck looks great... makes me wonder if I should have bid one more time on it!!! I am awaiting delivery of the A3c that I won from that same auction and could not be more excited. We will have to keep in touch about the trucks and bounce any ideas off of each other. I do have a question... how large of tires can you put on these trucks in their stock form without moving the back axel back? I believe they come with 46" tires which equates to 55 mph. I would love to get it to 65 mph but I don't know if that is realistic or not.

Anyway, great looking A3. I will post my pics once the flatbed shows up here in Kansas with my new toy on it.

Pickleskipper

I don't know if it is any different or not. This is a new hobby for me and don't have a ton of experience with the M35's. I have a couple of buddy's with A2's and we will have to do comparison's between the trucks once I receive mine. I was just curious what kind of speed advantages you can get by going from 46" to 48" to 50" to 52"... and at what point I would have to modify the truck to fit the larger tires which is something I really don't want to do.

Numbers

Try CARNACS VIN thread.

Nice truck. Looks to be a well kept up job.

That's not a dog and its not a rat. I've seen bigger rats in Cuba. They get to be two foot long and up to 15 pounds. Maybe its an American rat...

Here's my dog. He hates football, likes NASCAR (big fan of the Blue Deuce), cheap beer (the cheaper the better), country music, and will run like hell when the Deuce starts up. ...and if you have a female Boxer he is single, AKC registered, and looking for a date :)

Attachments

Pawnshop

IS that going up for auction soon i see stuff in the windshield
No, I shot those photos last summer at Ft. Sam Houston, the list on the windshield are the dates that it was available to the various levels in the donation stream, it got picked up. It is likely sitting behind a Vol fire station somewhere in Texas as you read this...

abh3

HA, this dog would run from rats like that, especially if it had any sense!

With the late '95 rebuild tags on components I called it a '96, no harm done if I'm a little off. Now to get title/tag,etc. though that doesn't stop me from driving around my rural area.

I've got a few miles on this truck now and it seems the first take was correct, how sweet it is! I'm not afraid of autos as our 6410 JD tractor (powershift) has won me over on that and the power-steering is wonderful...

I know these trucks are still being used here and there, Pensacola NAS for instance, this was USAR complete with accessories in the left box and some reading glasses in the glovebox (must be some reservists my age still in!) The ones at Ft Rucker were choice machines if the condition of most GL A2's these days is any measure.

Time to unload some A2's now, I'm keeping the dump and a few parts machines and one project truck but seven or eight is just too many, especially after paying for this A3!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks