• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 Recovery Questions

abh3

Just lost my mind this afternoon and bought an A3... Are there any special concerns w/ recovering these?

Is the Allison auto (545?) 'normal' in the sense that it can be winched onto the lowboy, rolled off, etc while in the usual neutral, at rest and not running postion?

Can you air up the tires without starting it?

Any other thoughts or tricks?

Thanks!

abh3

Paid $8,200 but it only has 1567 miles & 247 hours on it so though it seems like a lot for a Deuce I think I did OK, always wanted one, don't have a wife to answer to :razz:, had the $, etc... I've seen some sell for a lot more in the past!​

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck will roll no matter what gear the trans is in.

If the CTIS is still hooked up I'd think you'd have to disconnect it at the wheels, install a shrader valve, and use another air source to air up the tires if it won't run.

Only other thing I know about them is if the engine has lost it's prime it's a pain in the butt to get the system bled and sometimes the transfer pump sticks and won't pump untill you take it apart and clean it.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
A3's are coming out in bigger and bigger numbers every auction it seems like , ive seen as low at 7,000 in the last month , but im sure you got a better truck for the little more you paid.

BTW the A2's in VA doubled what they sold for last month. 817's in NC brought a hefty price tag also.

Monkeyboyarmy

ABH3! Congrats! I was watching them but.....Just read my ops manual and the CTIS system will not inflate a tire if it has less than 10 psi.But you can inflate them normally at the wheel.It also says that if a tire or air line has a leak that the CTIS cannot keep up with,you can turn off the system to maintain the current pressures in each tire.If you are going to drive it home,DONT forget to check the trans fluid.Dipstick is (or is supposed to be if SOMEONE DIDN'T STEAL IT) under the small door by the passenger's feet.Got some other tips for ya when you get it home.

Ty.I bet all that knowledge comes at a price. :wink: Got my fingers crossed for mid week!

pittdog

YES! YOU CAN DISCONNECT.. AND AIR UP SEPERET .... JUST GET THE AIR LINES WITH THE COUPLING FOR THE REAR CONNECTION... UNLESS THEY STILL GOT THE ACCESS IN THE PASS SIDE... IN THE CAB EARLY ONES DID AT FIRST... FOR EMERGENCY !.... PITTDOG... 52-D RET !
:wink:

Tranham

I think that the A3's may run out before the A2's. I was told that they only did 6000 a3 conversions. My guess is that they release 1-2 thousand and the rest go to foreign and domestic government consumers.

Robert

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks