• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

A3 Reverse Light bracket mount offset from bed corner

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am adding the A3 reverse lights setup to my A2.

Example:
$_57.jpg

Mine:
IMG_7288.jpg

If it is not too much bother, would a few of you A3 owners please be able to measure the distance from the corner of the bed to the edge of the bracket?

IMG_7289_arrows.jpg

I'm not expecting them all to be the same, but I'm just after a rough "stock" baseline as I make my decision on how far in/out to mount mine.

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Hainebd

After you get it figured out, post the info. I know there are posts already for most questions. I have found that only half the required information is posted. I believe this is done for deniability, like magazine or TV how to. When you do it wrong, they can point to the missing information. Mods are going to get mad and I understand that servers have a limit on size.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No reason to be mad about anything. Please don't read into things like that. (I have never said anything about server space, that's never my concern).

I forgot about the A3 reverse lights since the thread I linked was posted.

When I read the OPs post, I wanted to try to help(and I was curious if I could find something helpful). I can see in the pic that it is all the way out, next to the bottom corner of the bed.

I posted what I found only with the intention to help.

I understand a definitive measurement would be better(but I did not find one).

I try to help a lot more than many think.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Went out and measured my factory M35A3 bed.

The outer mounting holes for the marker/reverse light bracket are exactly 2.25" from the very outside bed rail to the center of the bolt hole on both sides. I have to sweep away 2 years of leaves, my crazy dog, brave the epic pollen and I am a recovering sick person so you now owe me.

Attendance at the Ga. Rally in 2015 is now mandatory.

M35A3 light bracket dimensions.jpg

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went out and measured my factory M35A3 bed.

The outer mounting holes for the marker/reverse light bracket are exactly 2.25" from the very outside bed rail to the center of the bolt hole on both sides. I have to sweep away 2 years of leaves, my crazy dog, brave the epic pollen and I am a recovering sick person so you now owe me.

Attendance at the Ga. Rally in 2015 is now mandatory.

View attachment 552184
You are a scholar and a gentleman, and legends should be written of your bravery and fortitude.

But mandatory GA Rally attendance? Ouch
(Assuming the same location as 2014)
ut_to_ga_rally.jpg

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
It is much appricated. Sorry your are down.
Thanks. Feeling better now.

You are a scholar and a gentleman, and legends should be written of your bravery and fortitude.

But mandatory GA Rally attendance? Ouch
(Assuming the same location as 2014)
View attachment 552342
That is a long trip. In an MV, you might not be in a great mood when you got there.

But Those Military Guys came all the way from California last year and Gringeltaube has been with us now for several years all the way from Uraguay.

So book your plane ticket and come to the party.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking closely at your picture Mr. clinto, I can also see where the edge of the bracket used to be. These measurements put it pretty close to the edge. I decided I should probably maximize the visibility of my license plate mounted by the taillight. But thanks to clinto's measurements I feel better as they're still very close to stock - only moved out 0.75". From the edge of the bed to hole center turned out to be exactly 1.5" and flush with the underside bed lip.

Maybe I'll regret mounting it as wide as it will go if I manage to hit/snag myself on it as I shimmy around the back end of my deuce in the garage, but that's kind of a normal occurrence right? :-|

Test fit:
IMG_7363.jpg IMG_7360.jpg

Final:
IMG_7376.jpg IMG_7377.jpg

Last edited:

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a long trip. In an MV, you might not be in a great mood when you got there.
No doubt! I wish I could tell Google Maps what my "maximum" speed was so I could more accurately calculate the travel time (or provide alternate routes if said speed was too slow), instead of it assuming "posted legal maximum". rofl

But Those Military Guys came all the way from California last year and Gringeltaube has been with us now for several years all the way from Uraguay.

So book your plane ticket and come to the party.
I'm impressed. Any excuse I give will seem trivial now.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'm impressed. Any excuse I give will seem trivial now.
I also didn't mention our guest from the Czech Republic last year. :)

I doubt the minute amount of difference from where my bracket was and where yours is will make any appreciable difference.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks