• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abandoned deuce in southeast PA...?

Ratch

I went to look at a backhoe at a commercial property, and there was a rusty old deuce behind it. It was not the backhoe owners. He said it appeared there 10 years ago, and the landlord wants it gone, but no one knows whose it is. It's not sitting like it was stolen and parked, its like it was parked and forgotten, or the owner died, or something.
I'd like to get legal title to it as an abandoned vehicle, but I'd also like to see it's rightful owner have a chance at recovery before I attempt to buy it.

Anyone here lose a 1958 Deuce? I'll post a pic when I get home tonight.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I was the property owner and had a random derelict vehicle sitting on my property I'd think 48 hours was too much time.

Ratch

I should note, it's in a parking lot on the property. The lot obviously hasn't been used in quite a long time, but this is a commercial property where it would be reasonable for a tenant to park one of his vehicles. But it looks like there have not been many tenants, and definitely not many customers, in a lonnnnnng time.

There's a brown outline of the truck in the lot from various rust drips. A few more years, and I'm sure rust stalagmites will start forming.

I'm on vacation this week, and it turns out to be a bit of a hassle to get pics off my phone without my office PC... Anyway, it looks like an old rusty deuce in a parking lot.

Porky's, thanks for the link. Once I get the LL's number or he calls me, I'll see what his disposition is firsthand (as opposed to the guy I was talking to about the backhoe), and then recommend he try to get the title, and I'll make him an offer.

Ratch

Sounds like a plan man :) Can the truck be saved, or are you just looking at it to use as a parts truck?

I'm getting an M715 next week if all goes well, and that needs its own resurrection work. So if I were to get this truck, it would sit in the woods at my house until I got to it.
But I did note some pretty significant rot under the doors...like more than through the body.
I really like bobbed trucks, though, so I would like to do that eventually.
No plans yet, this might be a rescue mission for some other poor soul with no time to wrench and no place to store it.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's not that bad of shape. I am hoping it is an optical illusion but in the pic it looks like it has a straight axle in front. Probably my old eyes, it may have a snow plow bracket on it.

I like the "put a piece of metal" over the front bumper gap. :)

Save it if possible.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any cop buddies that can run the VIN through the DMV? If it comes back "no data" you should be able to buy it from the property owner and do what you want with it.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here it is cropped from of a pic I took of the backhoe.

Look familiar to anyone?
SWEET !

That's not that bad of shape. I am hoping it is an optical illusion but in the pic it looks like it has a straight axle in front. Probably my old eyes, it may have a snow plow bracket on it.

I like the "put a piece of metal" over the front bumper gap. :)

Save it if possible.
Thanks - I thought I was seeing a straight axle up front too.

Interesting hard top.
I've never seen a top quite like that. The radius'd sides and apparent "Flat Top" with marker lights along the front and AIR HORNS are curious features indeed.

SAVE THAT TRUCK ! ! !

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have any cop buddies that can run the VIN through the DMV? If it comes back "no data" you should be able to buy it from the property owner and do what you want with it.
Some starts are not as easy as Texas on getting titles it looks like PA is one that requires a sheriffs sale , so the government gets the money instead of the property owner.

Ratch

No...but I neglected to mention, it has a "Historic" plate. The plate design was last used in 2005, so it was put on the truck at least before then (unless it was transferred later in some unlikely but possible scenario).

I'm looking for someone that can run a plate for me, which would hopefully lead to the owner. PennDOT will not run it for my reasons, unless I'm the property owner.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks