• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abandoned deuce in southeast PA...?

Ratch

Ha Ha, didn't you start out with a couple of MEPs? Like they say, the green metal thing is catchy.
Yup... I've cycled through dozens of MEP's now... Kinda bored with them and getting rid of my collection except for two household units. I'm actually trading a more recently acquired 802a for an M715 next week.
My wife will be thrilled if I get this deuce... :D I should look into more appropriate military equipment before I tell her...like body armor...

Ratch

That would be neat, but I'm sure it was someone's pride once.
I found the site on google earth, and going back in history, it was placed there between 06/2011 and 10/2011. So it's only been there for 4 years, quite a difference from 10. It's likely still on somebody's radar.

I called the state pd to see if it was stolen (I'm pretty confident no one stole a deuce and parked it), and the trooper said it had been registered to a guy in Chadd's Ford. He couldn't legally give me a name, but tried to contact him for me. The trooper was unable to find a phone number and didn't go further than that.

So...anyone know of any members or deuce owners in Chadds Ford, PA?

rustystud

Have the owner of the property go down to dmv and see if he can get the address of the vheicles owner? Then contact him through mail or in person?
Out here in Washington, if a vehicle has been left for more then a year you can start proceedings for an abandoned vehicle title. Ask the land owner if he wants to sell it and does he have any information about the legal owner. Then send him (the legal owner) a "certified" letter asking about the truck. If no response then you can take the post office stubs (from the letter) to the local police department and start the procedural paper work for a title. You will be basically buying it from the land owner then.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please be sure that any LEGAL STEPS are accomplished in accordance with the LAWS and PROCEDURAL RULES of the COMMONWEATH OF PENNSYLVANIA.

Consider ALL input regarding other state's laws and rules and such as hearsay and NOT APPLICABLE within the jurisdiction(s) in which your situation is evolving.

(LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I'm not a lawyer, nor am I acting as an attorney in this or any other capacity..... yada yada yada.)

Ratch

Right now, I'm focused more on finding the rightful owner.
Then I'll try contacting the land owner about filing an action to possess it, and then titling it and buying it.

dmetalmiki

Interesting post. Please keep us up to date as you progress your attempt to rescue the truck. Good luck, "It" deserves a home (yours!) and some t.l.c.