• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abandoned Deuce

Lonesome715

I am working on it. I am scared of the little cost piling up though. If I am not careful I will have more in it than what I could have bought a running one in the states for.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Get it to an east/gulf coast port and I'm sure the brothers and sisters you have here on SS will bust their guts (me included) to get it moving and safely the rest of the way home!

Lonesome715

I would appreciate what ever help I can get. I only have a few really hard hurdles to get over. But once I do it should be smooth after that.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can get it to port everglades, I'll take good care of it for you until we can get it to Columbus.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A 3/4 inch wrench will get all the front winch extension bolts/nuts off.. Then disconnect the PTO shaft at the PTO.

Dont forget the overhead lift for the 300# winch/bumper/extenstions... A good afternoons work. 2 hours max if you have air tools.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very cool story. Good luck with getting the truck home. I doubt you will be anywhere near MD, but, if I can help, let me know.

bottleworks

Even tho it was left, the US Govt still owns it, correct? I could see the govt coming after you for "steeling". :roll: Hopefully they won't. Good Luck!

Lonesome715

I have not triad to start it. I would not know where to begin. It has sat for a long time. The length is an issue. I have a 20 FT container available to me and I do not have the means to remove the winch and bumper. This is yet another challenge I will have to over come.

I know the government has written these abandoned vehicles off, but I am concerned with the theft issue. I understand your point and to be honest I am worried about it. In all seriousness, am I a thief if I get this truck home? Seriously, how do you all think I would be viewed by others? I really do not want to be labeled a thief.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Get paper work from a unit , or the Military or something saying its yours. Dont just go take it with paper work saying its off the books.

A good example is like a M4 thats lost by a unit , off the books - gone. Then you pick it up and try to register it and say its yours. They will take it back if they know. And you could get in trouble for trying to own something like a MV etc. Just beacuse its not on the books anymore its not finders keepers .

My BEST advice get paper work saying you can have it ... its yours ... they wrote it to you... something saying that its yours from the Govt. on a official form of some type transferring ownership from the U.S. Govt to you. Not just "I have a paper saying its off the books"

Good luck on getting it home the right way , I wish I could have saved the one I stared at for a year.:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks