• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abandoned Deuce

Sergeant

Looking for advice. My '72 AM General deuce has been sitting outside for a little over a year (deployed, then family time and finally retiring) without being run. Now that I have some time to spend with the truck I will get her roadworthy again.

Should I drain all fluids to include fuel tank and replace all filters before recharging the batteries and starting her up or am I going overboard? I did manage to get the exhaust satck coverd up before I left, other that she sat out in elements for just over a year. If anyone has some advis I would appreciate it. Thanks

coyotegray

I would do standard PM's and pre start/trip checks but if you left it in good condition and it was maintained before then I would think it should be ok...

Andy...

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Almost all of the GL trucks have been sitting for over a year....and usually they are fine.

One thing I would definately check is the brakes.

Heavysteven

I would treat like if you just got it from GL.

Change the oil, fuel filters, check the belts, top off the MC, and change the gear oil in the TC Trans and axles(opitional but i would check the color).

I agree that these truck sit up a year before them go up for auction.

Post some photo's or a video when you fire her back up. I'm getting exicted about driving mine tomorrow.

M35A2

The truck should be fine. I once owned a Land Rover series 3 LWB and had to get it running as I had sold it. It sat for about 5 or 6 years without turning a wheel and the engine wasn't moved in all this time. I just chucked some Redex into the fuel tank, a gallon of fresh fuel, flushed the fuel line through and cranked the engine over without trying to start it to get the oil up to the top end. Then after about 30 seconds of cranking she fired up. It ran rough for 5 minutes, but after the Redex did it's job it ran fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks