• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abandoned M135

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes the engine on the ground is a 302. The engine in the truck has a 60 amp alternator, that's a nice upgrade. I would persue the truck, it looks like it was well cared for (until recently). You can guess when it last ran by looking at the date codes on the two batteries.

leroygreen

Great find. It looks like the aircleaner is disconnected. Wasps love these places to build nests. I looked at a retired fd m211 that had been sitting for a long while and it had wasp nests in every hole. Like paulfarber said, at least pull the head and intake. Also good find on the spare motor.

hippiedude

Water pumps come up on e-bay all the time , and thereis a radiator for sale in the classifieds on this site .....Ya jump on this bad boy ............If you need help let me know I`m only 1 town away when your home ........ I got lots of parts too ................ Tim

Andrew Y

Well, I have a mournful update. A few months after I started this thread, I went back and the truck was gone. The site was purchased by an independent investor, and security was removed from the site. As a result, scrappers swiftly moved in. When I was there last, random trucks driven by crazed men with dollar signs in their eyes were driving around having a field day with the place. A Dodge D300 was gone, the spare engine was gone, a MASSIVE lathe was also taken. The lesson here is you snooze you loose!

acesneights1

That is too bd. It probably didn't need a title anyway. Most states only need a bill of sale if it's that old.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks