• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abandoned Vehicle issue Government Liquidators

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
they are just trying to cover there ass
That's exactly what they guy spending 10K should do(cover his ass). Just a phone call the day of the scheduled pickup, might have saved him 10,000 dollars...

RangerBob

<snip>
Tired of people not taking the responsibility of there screw ups, at times the cost may be a bit high, but that is just the "NOT DOING WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE TAX"
Just to be clear, the OP did take responsiblity in the first post. He's just asking for advice in mitigating his losses, not offering excuses.

KsM715

I think they are just trying to cover there ass by claiming they never got the paperwork.

How many people on here have bought an EUC item, sent in the paperwork and never checked again? I'd bet a dime to a dollar that when before the EUC submit deadline everyone contacts GL to make sure they have the paperwork.

The OP maybe able to get some of his money back on the sale but I'm sure he will be on the hook for atleast the full default fee.

robert c neth

Banned
if it was my 10 grand i would have followed up with several calls to those guys to make sure everything was good.in this day and age inspite of the technology there seems to be more screwups than ever before .i dont rely on anyone anywhere to do something right .i would rather have someone mad at me for bugging them than me mad at someone for losing my 10 grand

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I resently had a truck picked up by a wrecker company.

I called the GL site to get a contact name and number and any site requirements.. Sent the authorization to the wrecker company and called them the day of the pickup to make sure they received the form. And I called the GL site to let them know who would be coming.

The next day I called the wrecker company to verify everything was okay. Luckily it was.

A few years ago I had bought a M1009 and a Deuce in Albuquerque. I was working with the site contact. I had some scheduling issues and had to bump the date.

Fast forward to the pickup date. I drive 8 hrs and when I get there the manager of the site, he was at a different location, had turned my trucks in as abandoned the day before. I spent the day on the phone trying to get the trucks. No luck.

After a few weeks I did get a full refund as I had proof that I was working with the GL rep. But I was out fuel cost and time for the 1000 miles drive.

YMMV

Last edited:

brianrbull

Government Liquidation is sometimes strict sometimes lenient on property abandonment.... I have paid the "Dumb Ass" tax a time or 2 ..... sorry your lesson could be in excess of 10k......

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will more than likely let you by just paying the default fee. It just depends if they are willing to work with you. Most of the time they will.

It's an expensive mistake even paying the default fee. The towing company may very well be lying about not getting the paperwork but the OP still should have checked to make sure the truck was picked up. Oh well, live and learn.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this the sand m925a2 with a gun ring as I thought that truck looked familiar at Riley?

That is a sweet looking truck!

Best of Luck with your case.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone posts that they made a mistake (several) and asks for advice, not a reaming.

I feel bad for the OP since I, unlike some of the rest here HAVE made stupid mistakes in my life and I suspect I will make a few more before I expire.

If it costs $10k then it will be a valuable and painful learning experience.

6x6guy

I don't have any thing nice to say about GL- it would just get me into trouble again.
But thay made a lot of $$$ from me. OK enough said. aua

KIRBY1957

An Assistant to the manager I talked to last Monday just called and said he would go check on the status of the claim :0) omg a actual CALL from the mythical elders of wisdom... oh well something is better then nothing, Thanks for all the wise suggestions I originally asked for. Was I careless with not double checking yes I agree but thank god my Mother has passed because I know the look I would get if I said sign here because I will never trust anyone's word ever again... I really hope this never happens to anyone else ....... :oops: BTW don't mind being humble in admitting my mistakes....
Wrench Bender

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
KIRBY,

I hope things work out for you. in all honesty, as much as you have been ribbed on this, it gives me a little insight as to some additional things to do/check/verify if I ever buy from GL. that small input is worth it from me. Good luck. Hope you get your truck or some cash.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We all make them. Some just don't admit it or want to in public(on a forum).

We can all learn from your situation.

Thanks

Danl

Danl M915A1

I'm confused a Little , All the shippers I ever used, aways want money frist eather Part Or full Payment Some want Part of it up front and the rest C.O.D. And I do the same thing with my Stuff you can ask me to put you in a new lawn and I will show me the money Pay rest of the money when we are done and you are Happy with the work. If you don't pay any money at frist I'm not doing the job. Now if you did pay the shipper something you have a paper trail of a check or a Card withdrawal, If you have this and you should now you go after the shippers Liability Insurance its very easy, did you pay the shipper up front? if not the ball is not rolling you drop it .

KIRBY1957

I'm confused a Little , All the shippers I ever used, aways want money frist eather Part Or full Payment Some want Part of it up front and the rest C.O.D. And I do the same thing with my Stuff you can ask me to put you in a new lawn and I will show me the money Pay rest of the money when we are done and you are Happy with the work. If you don't pay any money at frist I'm not doing the job. Now if you did pay the shipper something you have a paper trail of a check or a Card withdrawal, If you have this and you should now you go after the shippers Liability Insurance its very easy, did you pay the shipper up front? if not the ball is not rolling you drop it .
In 8 trucks thus far Ft Carson was the only shipper who wanted money up front.... The others said and I quote" I have your truck" unquote Don't need any CC info I am holding plenty of collateral your not going to leave it without paying me. This includes a Injector pump rebuild in Palm Springs with a tow only wanted Business card to call me when its done.

Danl

Danl M915A1

You would of had to pay the shipper at some point , If you would of insisted on giveing him some kind of money and he took it, none of this would of happen. I don't know now what you can do. But Next time give money and sit back. This shipper is clear He has nothing in the pot. No paper trail that sucks I feel for you My friend. This must be called a Misstake, A 2nd mistake would be to use this guy again

oliver28732

Hope things work out on this deal. Appreciate you posting the situation for others to chime in with past experiences, give advice and learn what can happen.

KIRBY1957

Have a sick sense of humor down there for sure @ Government Liquidation. Called multiple times to "Direct line" of face to face manager (from trip to Phoenix) on the 2nd and had a call back from his assistant saying they would check on status by end of day would have an aswer. Some news is better then not hearing anything. The call back (another person) says you will have a decision by close of business on the 3rd. Sweating another 24 but at least something is moving.... 4:15pm on the 3rd no emails no phone calls, couldn't stand it anymore called direct line to manager plus 1300 and 1100 numbers got a recording that said because of the holiday they were closing @3PM and no one was there to take my call. Happy 4th of July to me... Tums and pepto no longer working on the burn. averaging 2-3 hrs of sleep and getting a little jumpy... I love a good joke even some of the sic ones but this one didn't seem too humorous to me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks