• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2007

Armada

Guys... I might just might... have come across a few extra spaces.... anyone interested, please PM me for details....
Mike, I am interested. I will be driving my cucv and pulling the m101 along with ojsdna. We were going to 'crash' in the parking lot in our trucks, but it would be great to be with the rest of you guys. It would just be for 2 nights as we are coming back on Sat. I also have a couple items I would like to try and sell, so even if we can't get a space, maybe someone might have a little room at their table for some parts.

gasser

Armada,

If you can't get a space, I will have space for you to sell ... however, really no room to park your truck though ... but you can un-load and hang out at the gas-man's area (T4)!

-graham

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After getting back from California with the deuce, I cancelled the insurance and registration of the truck.
I'm currently looking for a low cost policy to get it to and from Aberdeen and am not having a lot of luck.
I can't add it to my car policy and there seems to be no way around the commercial type insurance, which I have had in the past and costing some $800/yr.

Bottom line is that I'm not prepared to spend hundreds (in insurance) for this show.

Show spaces are paid for, so the hunt goes on.

Even if I take out a commercial policy and cancel it after the show, they stick me with 40-50% of the yearly total....

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Bjorn,
I got my 5-ton insured with Gulfway for $360 a year full coverage. I talked to a SS member a couple of days ago that had their deuce insured for $240. Give Sonya a call at 727-863-5451. She and Carol are very nice to deal with. The application process is very straight forward. Fill out the paperwork, send them some photos and mail them the check. Gulfway is nice because unlike your local agent, they know exactly what you are talking about when you say you want to insure your deuce, CUCV, HMWWV, etc...

TacticalTruck

Back to Aberdeen...I'll be at Yellow Q/P12 thru Q/P16 with John Winslow under my friends name, Fred Meissner. I was perusing the vendor list and noticed GL will be there at Green Section D6,7 and 8...bring your eggs.
Jeff

No.2Diesel

Hi everyone:

Due to having tranny trouble and the need to redo the seals, boots, & bearings on the front axle and the need for a better spare tire, I have made a last minute decision to go to Aberdeen next Friday to pick up some parts. Do you think I will be able to get at least some of the parts I'm looking for? Also if large/heavy parts are purchased (transmission, tires, etc.), do they allow you to drive in to pick up or does everything have to be handtrucked out?

I'm looking forward to meeting everybody and their MVs and Possibly discussing the 1st Steel Soldiers Rausch Creek Off Road Rally SSRCORR in October with those interested in attending. See you guys next week!!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Don't laugh bet they are there to take back some of the trucks they sold us.... LOL All in all I think we should bring them donuts make friends and keep the door open to redeeming old iron.

What time will the Convoy from the South be coming through the tunnels in Baltimore I want to be on the side of the road at the North end of 695 and 95 to tag along up to Aberdeen

CGarbee

OK, the table that I sent Gasser at the bottom of the Yellow Serial route info for him to post on the website seems to have gotten dropped and it doesn't look like it wants to post here in a readable format... (I'm computer challenged...). So:

Leave Doswell at: 8:30AM
Leave Millersville at: 11:45AM
Leave Baltimore tunnel toll booths at: 12:45PM
Arrive Aberdeen 1:40PM

Leave Ollies' in Aberdeen for Ripken Stadium at 3:00PM

Dave, shoot me your cell phone number again and I'll give you a call when we pull out of the Millersville Transit Truck Stop (located on Veterans' Highway at the intechange where we jump on I97. Or tell me where you want me to call you from so that you can time it. If past Convoy timming holds, we should be hitting the tolls at 12:30 ish (I've got some float time listed above for paying tolls, but some years they wave us through...).

Yellow Serial Routing from Greensboro to Aberdeen (have other legs of the Serial not listed here, but this should help folks figure out the segment that I am leading...).

Route from Greensboro, NC, to Henderson, NC
(Pick up group from west and fuel)

Take I40 East to junction of I40/I85.
Continue on I85 North to Henderson, NC.
Take the Norlina Exit, exit #220.
Take Right at bottom of ramp, turn right onto Flemming Road, follow signs at bottom of ramp and at intersections to “Truck Stop”. Truck stop has Chex Resturant and is an Exxon.

Route from Henderson to South Hill
(pick up group from west)

Return to I85 North from Chex truck stop
Continue on I85 North to South Hill
Take US58 exit, head West to Truck stop on US58 (Simmons Truck Stop)

Route from South Hill to Doswell
(join group from eastern VA, SC, and Florida – Overnight)

Return to I85 North
Continue on I85 North towards Richmond
At Exit #51, take I95 North towards Richmond
Stay on I95 North to Exit #98
Take Exit #98, Route 30 toward Doswell, VA.

Overnight accommodations at:
Best Western Kings Quarters
I-95 & Route 30
P O Box 100
Doswell, Virginia, 23047, United States
Phone: (804)876-3321

Meet other serial units at All American Plaza (Texaco) at 8:00AM on Thursday, May 6.
Truck stop is on Route 30 just off I95 next to the Best Western, phone number is: 804-798-8008

Route from Doswell, VA to Millersville, MD
(pick up group from WV, NoVA, Annapolis area, fuel)

Return to I95 North.
Continue on I95 North six miles to Exit #104, VA Route 207 North toward Bowling Green
Take VA 207 toward Bowling Green
At Bowling Green, merge onto US301 North
Stay on US301 North through Fort AP Hill. You will see signs pointing out mileage to the PRB (Potomac River Bridge) actually the Harry Nice Bridge. There is no toll northbound, toll is only for southbound traffic.
Stay on US301 through Waldorf, MD. You will pick up several stop lights through the Waldorf area.
On the North side of Waldorf, stay on US301 toward Baltimore.
Go North until you see signs routing to US50E-301N, Go Straight onto MD Route 3
Stay on MD3 headed toward the intersection with I97N
Take right fork of intersection to Veterans Highway
Take Veterans Highway north through several stoplights and pass an Exxon on your left hand side. A short way further you will see the Transit Truck Stop on your left hand side. There is a light up toward the far end (North side of truck stop) that can be used to enter is southbound traffic is heavy.

Millersville, MD to Aberdeen, MD
(meet serial units form north of Aberdeen, fuel)

Head South out of the Transit Truck Stop on Veterans Highway and take the I97 North Ramp
Go straight on I97N to intersection of I895E
Go through the Harbor Tunnel (restrictions on flammable materials. Pull to extreme right side of the toll plaza use single gate)
Once clear of toll plaza, proceed on I895 to the intersection of I95N
Proceed on I95N to Exit #??, Aberdeen
Will met at the Ollie’s parking lot. Need to pull exact exit number and directions form I95 off file from Carter Davidson…

Please keep the serial units intact in the staging area, this will facilitate deployment to the rally site and the distribution of convoy materials not already passed out and for short driver’s meeting.
Depart for Rally at 3:00PM.

CGarbee

Convoy T-shirts for those who ordered them and asked for them to be shipped got mailed this morning.

There is still time to reserve a T-shirt although time is getting short for USPS delivery before the Convoy so shirt orders from non until the show will have to be picked up (unless you want one and are not going to the show at which case I'd still be happy to mail you one...).

The shirts are good for admission to Friday night's BBQ at the East Coast Convoy headquarters location (Yellow U5/T9). It's Eastern NC Style (pork) with fixen's and will be from 6:00 PM until...

T-shirts may be ordered using the form on the Convoy website at www.eastcoastconvoy.com We may have some for sale at the rally, but why take chances??

Thanks,
Cabell Garbee
Convoy Commander, 2007 East Coast Convoy