• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen 2007

jfnemt1ff1

CCATLETT1984 said:
jfnemt1ff1 said:
Is anyone from Michigan going?
I'm going, would be glad to convoy with someone. PM me with your plans.
Also what will you be driving there in?
I plan having the Gama Goat running by then, and tow the the 725. If the goat dont get done I will drive the 725.
John
Ps : can you stay in a vendor spot if you are not selling any thing :?:

CGarbee

jfnemt1ff1 said:
CCATLETT1984 said:
jfnemt1ff1 said:
Is anyone from Michigan going?
I'm going, would be glad to convoy with someone. PM me with your plans.
Also what will you be driving there in?
I plan having the Gama Goat running by then, and tow the the 725. If the goat dont get done I will drive the 725.
John
Ps : can you stay in a vendor spot if you are not selling any thing :?:
You can stay in a Vendor spot without selling. The big deal is that they do not want you selling stuf in the Display area. Plus, having a Vendor spot gives you a garunteed location.

Good luck.

jfnemt1ff1

Thanks for the info, this will be my first time. I think it would be cool if I could hook up with some members, always a little scared this will be the longest trip to date.
John

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CGarbee said:
Junkyard Wars Crusher said:
Ok, didn't want to be presumptuous, . . . but if the ECC is accepting applications for new serials, I would like to humbly apply. I would definitely need some guidance and other member participation, but I would be very interested in working on the task.
Consider your application approved. Also, consider yourself drafted at the Western Serial Commander... I'll PM you my contact info and will be in touch to provide guidance, answer questions, and listen to suggestions, etc...

Glad to have you aboard,
Cabell Garbee - Convoy Coordinator/Convoy Commander, 2007 East Coast Convoy

PS: I've been thinking for some time that the name of the convoy reflects more the destination (East Coast Location) than the area where the convoy is running...
"OH, IN, IL, KY, MI, WI, MN, (and beyond) going to Aberdeen???? "
See new thread with title above or click here:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=96633

gasser

clinto said:
... It claims 517 miles for just going up I-85 North to I-95....
Clint, that's the route I took last year. I left Wednesday at 7am and I met up with Cabell and folks at 5pm @ Henderson. I was going anywhere from 55-60mph.

Looking forward on going up with you and the other folks this coming year. I may not be in ATL at that time (pending a relocation to Ocean Springs, MS) - but I will worry about that. Just let me know what time folks from metro ATL are leaving and I will be there!!

Also, I will be towing a m101 probably half-loaded, so I will have some room for cargo.

-graham

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to try and go as well- I just got my first Deuce and am getting it road trip ready. I sell alot of military surplus (clothing mostly) and am thinking of going and being a vender. Hope to meet some of you guys there.

_________
1953 Early Willys M38a1
1968 M101a1
1969 50ft Pullman Standard Boxcar (its OD green and yes I can have it shipped anywhere!)
1971 AM General M35a2
1973 Chevy/Bluebird School bus
"Poverty is the best preservation for old machinery"

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ferroequinologist said:
I'm going to try and go as well- I just got my first Deuce and am getting it road trip ready. I sell alot of military surplus (clothing mostly) and am thinking of going and being a vender. Hope to meet some of you guys there.
Great, another Hampton Roads member! We're picking up steam! I'll be joining the southern leg of the East Coast Convoy at Petersburg. If you want to run up with us, let me know and we'll make plans.

Chris

CGarbee

Chris, how wedded are you to joining us in Petersburg? The last couple of years Blake Sheppard has made the trip up from Norfolk and has found it easier to just drive up on Thursday morning and meet up with the Serial at the Transit Truck Stop in Doswell (right accross the street from the motel and Denny's where we spend Wednesday night...).

I ask since if you meet up with us in Petersburg, it has you comming up and spending Wednesday night with us (not bad if you want to chow down and shoot the breeze)...

Your call, just wanted to toss it out there for consideration. Looking forward to seeing you all either way (or both ways...).

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
CGarbee said:
Chris, how wedded are you to joining us in Petersburg? The last couple of years Blake Sheppard has made the trip up from Norfolk and has found it easier to just drive up on Thursday morning and meet up with the Serial at the Transit Truck Stop in Doswell (right accross the street from the motel and Denny's where we spend Wednesday night...).

I ask since if you meet up with us in Petersburg, it has you comming up and spending Wednesday night with us (not bad if you want to chow down and shoot the breeze)...

Your call, just wanted to toss it out there for consideration. Looking forward to seeing you all either way (or both ways...).
I'm not 100% set on coming up to Petersburg wed and then convoying to Doswell. I may come up to Doswell on early thursday morning like you suggested. I guess it depends on how my week is going. I may need Wed night to turn some last minute wrenches on the 923 :lol:

Either way will be fun! I can't wait to be a part of it this year.

Ferroequinologist, keep me posted on your progress and let me know if you need any help getting the deuce ready.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok Chris, I'll let you know whats happening with it. Thanks for the offer to help! Samething, if you need help with anything, let me know. I was out freezing my tail off working on the M38a1 just a little while ago. Ripping out the house wire birds nest electrical system that the previous owner left me. At least it runs like a clock.

Adam

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, Magnus580, can I get 3 spaces? I hope I'm not too late. I don't have a tent or anything, but will be driving a deuce and towing a M101a1. I have allot of military surplus items, and all SS guys will have first crack at it and good deals, I promise. Anything anyone needs in particular? I may have or can get it and bring it with me.

mangus580

Ferroequinologist said:
Oh, Magnus580, can I get 3 spaces? I hope I'm not too late. I don't have a tent or anything, but will be driving a deuce and towing a M101a1. I have allot of military surplus items, and all SS guys will have first crack at it and good deals, I promise. Anything anyone needs in particular? I may have or can get it and bring it with me.

I'm all out. You will have to contact them directly... Try to get something in the Yellow area to be as near to us as possible.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, I will contact them directly and try and get something in the Yellow zone.

Blake, I will look through my boxcar for you. I have triwalls coming out of my ears- that's why I got the boxcar in the first place.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like I'm too late, all the spaces seem taken except a couple of individual spaces. Can't squeeze a deuce in 18'. Oh well, I may still convoy with you guys up there and just plan on selling stuff next year.

mangus580

Ferroequinologist said:
Looks like I'm too late, all the spaces seem taken except a couple of individual spaces. Can't squeeze a deuce in 18'. Oh well, I may still convoy with you guys up there and just plan on selling stuff next year.
Buy one space to set your 'sale' stuff up in, and park your deuce in the display area. (they wont let you sell from display)

Matter of fact, try really hard for spot M15, as it borders one of our members, and he might have a little bit of spare space.... (plus its close to the display)

CGarbee

If you get a spot this year, you get first dibs on it next year (and you get a couple months to do so before they open up registration to everyone else).
Of course, I've been hearing that the rally might move next year, but I suspect that returning vendors will get first shot at spaces, just as they did when everthing moved in prior years...