• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABERDEEN 2008!

Westech

CPL
I will be leaving for Basic in 200801?? I will try to work something out that I can bring some junk to Aberdeen and other SS events as a "recruiting" action. I would not put Any money on that but its worth a shot. Hope to make something this year at least.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Re: RE: ABERDEEN 2008!

roger-wilco-66 said:
...and a good explanation when I get cought landing on the beaches of NY....with a DUKW...
That's why you land somewhere......not so New Yorky...more rural.....a quiet coast in Maine........

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: Re: RE: ABERDEEN 2008!

roger-wilco-66 said:
I wish I could come do Aberdeen, but its a long sail over the pond :-(

Mark
Yep - and we wish we could do Beltring - but have the same obstacle!

Regards,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ABERDEEN 2008!

When is 200801? Thats a long time off from now! I just got the reserve slip from my spots last year.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ABERDEEN 2008!

As of right now holding off on aberdeen in favor of the GA rally.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ABERDEEN 2008!

Stretch44875 said:
As of right now holding off on aberdeen in favor of the GA rally.
Thats what I'm talkin about! The GA rally was a blast and it was so far north in GA, it's close to you buckeyes. I fully plan on going again this coming year. Might even go up a day earlier.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: ABERDEEN 2008!

Well, I got my renewal in the mail today - I want to go ahead and send off right away to reserve my spots, but I'd rather try and get in the Steel Soldiers group purchase of spots.

So how does that get done?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:( Here we go again...why is all the good stuff on the Atlantic side?? :wink:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Mike Mike Where are you?

I am not going to be home from Korea yet but I will buy a spot from Mike for Noah to drive the M1009 up and have fun he sure did last year and enjoyed selling some extra stuff too. The good thing is by then I will know if I am going to be retiring or be pinning on Colonel.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will, fly out for the event. Honestly, it's a cool event if you want parts. The ECC is very cool but I have much more fun at the site rallys. The GA rally was fun and the 2nd annual FL rally should be a hoot as well. Book early, fly cheap, we'll find you some green iron to drive.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
underdog said:
Ok i am green :oops:
Where can i find more info about this event, and the one in Georgia.
Aberdeen is an event held in Aberdeen at Cal Ripken Stadium every May. It used to be at the Aberdeen proving Grounds. Here are some pictures of the 2007 event:

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=12015

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=12014

The Ga. Rally........hmmm, what can I say about that? rofl

In '06, I had a cookout at my house and we had a few Deuces, CUCV's and a 5 ton. All sorts of people started saying they wanted to come for '07, so I felt like we needed to do something more substantial if people were going to drive such long distances, so we rented a couple pavillions at a State Park in the beautiful North Ga. mountains, did cookouts, camping and a trailride up the side of a mountain.

Here are the pics from the '07 Ga Rally:

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15096

We had such a good turnout at this year's event and such a positive response that I am heavily considering making the event much larger for 2008. Meaning not just a weekend affair, but a several day adventure, with (optional) activities each day (there has been some talk about a skydiving adventure.... :D ).

There will be a trail ride of course and hopefully some off-roading, camping, cookouts, swap meet, etc.

The 2008 event will be held in the fall, no earlier than the last week in September, somewhere in North Georgia. When I have more details (likely in the spring) I will start a thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks