• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Aberdeen Heavy Lifting

mangus580

Guys, I need to transfer a snowplow from one trailer to another at Aberdeen on Friday. It weighs in roughly 800#.

Anyone gonna have a wrecker/crane there that wants to play?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just keep me in the loop if I need to swing down that way and pick it up. I need to make room in the truck for it if my services are still needed.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am very interested in finding out if there are going to be any cranes, wrechers, or forklifts at Aberdeen too, as I might have a couple heavy things to move. I know I will need some help getting my motorcycle out of my M35 at the least.

jatonka

Heavy lifting Aberdeen

Is Bjorn coming with Cranetruck? He could handle all the lifts. If not, several of us should be able to push from trailer to trailer. I'm gonna be done at the end by the public parking. In john DePasquale's space. Look me up for help. John Tennis

mangus580

RE: Heavy lifting Aberdeen

Thanks for the offer for help John!

You are gonna make it this year huh?

I figure if nobody has any cranes available to assist, a bunch of us guys can man-handle it.

CGarbee

RE: Heavy lifting Aberdeen

To the best of my knowledge (and I would love to be corrected on this...), niether Bjorn nor Brandon are bringing thier lifting equipment this year. :( Bjorn informed me a while back that he had some issues that he had not yet gotten around to fixing on the cranetruck since he had been devoting time to the 8x8 and that with fuel being the way it is, that he would be driving his Mercedes sedan if he was able to make time for the trip. Brandon sold off his M816 to a neighbor and replaced it with a M62 that isn't quite ready for the trip either but will be driving up in a XM813 according to my conversation with him last week.

I assume that we can find some soul at Aberdeen who wants to demonstrate some heavy lift capability, or worse case, a bunch of us can do some grunting... It does put a damper on a possible engine sale I have on the way (got a guy in Richmond who has been thinking about getting one of my M37 takeout T245's...

So far, everything I have is "light"... :)

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im rolling light to Aberdeen also, and in the pickup with a trailer, no Humvee this year... Between the cost of fuel and some maintainence Im doing on it, it will stay in the garage...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks