• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

aberdeen

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Who all is going?

Anyone from Georgia?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd love to do the convoy, but that would mean missing a day of buying and selling.. They need to do the convoy the day before it starts!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
im going if i get tires and can get time off from work, that would be cool a convey from ga, if we worked at it we could have a dozen or so

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think I am going to go, I planned on going last year and didn't get the time off rom work far enough in advance.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won't be able to join the festivities this year. I'm pretty sure thats when fleet week is and there's no time off during fleet week. I would love to get a decent contingent from the south one of these years. Problem I have is I'm always doing vacations without the wife. Last year I did Aberdeen, Gatornationals and Gravelrama. We are planning a cruise in late May so don't look for me this year! Bummer!

CGarbee

We are working on the East Coast Convoy for 2006... Hate to hear that Kenny is thinking of missing it this year as I was going to try to get him to shephard everyone from FL up to MD in the Southern Serial... :).
Seriously, we have talked about having the convoy earlier in the week, but a lot of folks have said that they can't get the extra time off from work... Add in the fact that some folks are already traveling multiple days just to join us for the Thursday arrival and you arrive at the schedule that we have used in the past...
The website is undergoing some changes, but check in at www.eastcoastconvoy.com for more info. Joining the convoy is a great way to have some piece of mind along the drive (safety in numbers, helping hands, knowledge, etc.) and is a lot of fun since that line of trucks in front/behind you is an impressive sight...
Hope to see a bunch of you in the convoy and/or at the rally...

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Do you guys get a room at a local hotel, or do you camp out and rough it?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rough it all the way, or at least the lot of us did last year. Too bad there's no place to pitch the GP Medium but its still fun!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well, somebody needs to bring a water purification truck, 'cause I like my shower in the morning!!!

rofl rofl

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I wished that I had brought my buddies Zodi Hot Pack shower. Google it and check them out, not military but totally cool!

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's awesome!

And very reasonably priced.

CGarbee

I stay either in the back of my truck or in the trailer, depending on what I drove... As for showers, every year at least one of the guys in the convoy who has a hotel room, or a buddy who lives in the area, invites me over to partake of the hot water every day...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks