• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABN173's Little Project

ABN173

Dale,

I've got the ducting for the heater to plumb it to the defroster vents.
Dan, heater arrived today. Wow that was fast! I'm guessing AMRAM received his today also..... we may need to have a heater install day at your place. When you are available of course. I'm sure we can bring some food to grill out or something. We better get Scott in on this too (while he still is babyless :-D lol)

-Dale

jets1959

Dan, heater arrived today. Wow that was fast! I'm guessing AMRAM received his today also..... we may need to have a heater install day at your place. When you are available of course. I'm sure we can bring some food to grill out or something. We better get Scott in on this too (while he still is babyless :-D lol)

-Dale
He is not exactly babyless. His better half is with child, but he has two other little ones. LOL

Amer-team

That heater looks great. You guys are going to shame me into putting one into the M715. It would be a lot nicer to drive in the winter with one. :)

ABN173

Muffler install

OK this is not 100% complete nor was it installed without "Murphy" showing up. Either I received the wrong muffler or I mistakenly ordered the wrong item. I think it was the later of those. I ordered a all steel spiral flute race muffler that had a 3.5" input (input was flared/slightly larger to accept the 3.5" stack) the output was 3.5" exactly so I had to make relief cuts on both out put ends in order to make it work. And work it did! I would have returned it but I had already cut the stack before noticing the problem. I still have to adjust the clamp some to mount the heat shield back on, however it will fit. I was so pressed for time today it was ridiculous I was supposed to have the day off but we had to call everyone in at the last minute to attend some mandatory training. Then I had to go home and grab extra dewalt batteries then rush back to work to mount the muffler on and use the truck to deliver some furniture I was selling......anyway its been a long day and think I pulled a muscle lifting furniture too. I will probably take the muffler apart and weld it but for now its good.

Oh the sound reduction is about 35-40% its nice no more hearing protection needed for me and my family.

Also Mike (AMRAM) I'll try to head out to Brad's help some but I will only have a few hours or so since I'm on kid watch too tomorrow.

-Dale

Attachments

Last edited:

ABN173

tunes

I forgot who came up with this one but it was a $12 mp3 amp project on a CUCV I spent $43 for a slightly larger 600W, SD card/MP3 input with FM tuner and I picked some Sony 6x9 speakers up at Walmart for $52 still sounds really good for a sub $100 sound system!

Also spent a few hours at Dan's yesterday we finished the auxiliary light install, started the above radio/amp install, and swapped out my headlights all in about 4 hours! Thanks for the help Dan!

Heater is next up.

-Dale

Attachments

Last edited:

ABN173

I forgot to mention I'm parked near the Fire Station and the Station CPT came out yesterday while I was tinkering with truck. Curiosity finally got to him and he had to find out more about my truck! Seems they have been trying to figure out what the deal was, even asked higher if they were getting a brush truck or something. The CPT notice the DOD POV stickers and WA plates so he figured out it was a POV but that only raised more questions. Anyway I gave the links to a few sites and my Daughter got to go see a fire truck.

-Dale

ABN173

are you going to have big red at AFD on Saturday? You are close enough you should have the cucv too. :)
Planned on just the Deuce but maybe both, I would need help driving one or getting a lift back to get it. I would just flat tow it but I still need the towing lights setup.

-Dale

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Normallymy first thought would be to say that truck is the WRONG COLOR but I wont say that on this one that old girl looks mighty fine in her new clothes, I have no idea what you paid for it and it doesnt matter you ended up with a mighty fine looking Deuce! Congratulations, now let the fun begin
KK

ABN173

Normally my first thought would be to say that truck is the WRONG COLOR but I wont say that on this one that old girl looks mighty fine in her new clothes.
That was my first thought too, however it grows on you after a while. I think it will all be tan at some point but the red is not only new it was well done so I will wait a bit first.

-Dale