• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

? about O.D. Iron Wheels...

dieselsmokem35a2

I finally got my wheels from O.D. Iron!:-D First I have to give props to Mike at O.D. Iron, the wheels are great! It took a few months to get them but I am very happy with the quality. Now I am waiting for the 15.5 tires to get here that I also ordered from Mike. I just have a question about mounting the tires. I plan on taking them to a large truck type shop to do the mounting but I was wondering if these rims and tires require any kind of tubes and such or are they mounted like a regular car tire? Anyone have any experience with these? Also, am I correct in thinking that the front wheels and tires will get flipped around so the "dish" is opposite of the rears? I am assuming that I don't have to make any other modifications such as a hub flip to get them tracking correctly. I will post some before and after pictures once I get em on. I tried to contact Mike to ask him but he is the buisiest guy I know and can't seem to get ahold of him. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

FL_Frank

I'm jealous - my deuce needs new rubber and rims as well, specifically OD rims.

I too have tried getting in touch with Mike to acquire a set of these wheels and tires, but he must be extremely busy. I'll be patient as he is in Florida as well and it's just too convenient to buy them locally.

Please let us know how they ride and of course pictures are always appreciated!:-D

dieselsmokem35a2

I'm jealous - my deuce needs new rubber and rims as well, specifically OD rims.

I too have tried getting in touch with Mike to acquire a set of these wheels and tires, but he must be extremely busy. I'll be patient as he is in Florida as well and it's just too convenient to buy them locally.

Please let us know how they ride and of course pictures are always appreciated!:-D

My front tires are completely bald but the rears are at almost 70%. I was originaly gonna replace the fronts and wait for the rears to wear out but it was taking too long! :wink: Now I am thinking the next thing is to get the front locking hubs to save a little wear on the new meats.
I have found that the best way to get a hold of Mike is through E-mail. You can forget calling, I must have called over a dozen times to reach him with no luck. The wheels are great though and I can't wait to post some pics for you guys once I get em on. I started doing curls last week so my skinny arms will be better able to steer these big tires! :razz: