• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

About tired of my MEP002A

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys, before i just set this think on fire, thought I would seek some sage advice.
A few weeks ago the IP just died, broke dead. Found parts some new some not (many thanks Gimp), got the little animal back together, bled injectors, and she runs.
Runs really good, no skip, no smoke, makes good power, easily pulls past 100% load, no flicker, great.
But...
Turn it off for more than about 15 minutes and will not re-start. Not even trying, no smoke, nothing. Bleed one injector and she starts and runs wonderfully.
Fuel pumps sound fine, prime for a few seconds, and they settle into a slow pulse.

Any thoughts?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure the shutoff solenoid is lifting?

Guyfang

Staff member
Classic, bad check valve. Take it out, soak it in carb cleaner and see if that helps. If not, bypass it. See if that helps your problem. Think it just might be the problem.

Also, see if both electric fuel pumps are running. Sometimes one dies, and the other is weak.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found it.
The governor connection at the IP, the spring loaded one is sticking, a little lube and she is good to go.
But, credit where it is due, Doghead sent me to the shut off solenoid, it is fine but I noticed that the fuel lever did not move when the solenoid did.
Thanks for all the input.

Guyfang

Staff member
I like to think I am not "Older", but simply better. Age discrimination is a horrible thing! I am glad we don't have that here, do we?

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guy, absolutely not discrimination. You guys are simply more experienced than some of us, a fact that is proven time and time again when you are helping out some of us that are still experienced but maybe less than some. If it were not for the knowledge base of y'all this site would not be what it is. The other cool thing about whole situation is that y'alls words of wisdom are being electronically captured for posterity so they can be searched in the future when we are all dust.
I for one would like to thank all the "old" cogers that contributed so much to this site and most likely to our country as well.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks