• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

About to start work on our Deuce

ATPTac

Quick question for anybody who has dealt with NOS brake shoes... Mine just came in and the friction material on some of them is gray, and on a few of them is more of a tan color. Not something I'm concerned with, I was just curious if anybody knew if there was a difference between them and/or why they're different colors?

On a side note, a box containing 12 brake shoes is quite heavy... I got home from work and saw they got delivered and went to pick them up and it caught me off guard. :whistle:

ATPTac

Well, I got the front axles/brakes done, see this thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?118090-M35A2-Front-axle-and-brake-service&highlight=

I also just got in a full exhaust kit (which is green! I'm tired of everything on this truck being black :?). I'm not sure when I'm going to get around to installing it, but hopefully relatively soon. Thanks 197thhhc!

Also have MRAP wheels wrapped with 395 XZL's on the way (thanks Fuzzytoaster!), about to send off a check to Peashooter for adapter plates, SS braided brake lines, cunnifer hard lines, etc... And I have a couple D turbo's on the way from M1075. I'm still undecided if I'm going to swap out the C turbo for the D just yet. I mostly wanted them for back ups if something goes wrong with mine or if I get tired of the whistle, and got 2 in case I decide to do the same for a potential future truck.

I have a lot of work cut out for me in the coming months as the temps warm up, but I'm looking forward to it!

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I have a couple D turbo's on the way from M1075. I'm still undecided if I'm going to swap out the C turbo for the D just yet. I mostly wanted them for back ups if something goes wrong with mine or if I get tired of the whistle, and got 2 in case I decide to do the same for a potential future truck.
You, sir, are a hard-core planner! I bet you have at least two of most things, just in case! :)

ATPTac

Hey, you never know what might come up. I'd rather be ready for an issue than to be stuck with my pants around my ankles. Plus it was a good deal on the turbo's so I decided to strike while the iron was hot. I do try to make it a point to have back ups for most things, at least as much as I can afford to. :wink:

ATPTac

I had mentioned this in a different thread, can't remember which one, but I also got the remote reservoir mounted on the firewall with a ball valve and a port for hooking up a power bleeder. The idea behind it is I can close off the reservoir via the ball valve so when I go to pressure bleed the brakes I don't have to disconnect anything. It should make bleeding the brakes even easier.

IMG_20140201_180913_840.jpg IMG_20140201_180923_290.jpg

Currently the plug on top is temporary until I can figure out what kind of fitting I want to put there for ease of attaching the bleeder hose. I'm thinking about seeing if I can find a quick disconnect system similar to an air hose.

Rusty nuts

I use a regular air QR chuck. I have the male nipple mounted on the truck and cap it off with a vinyl vacuum cap to keep it sealed from the elements.

ATPTac

Well my SS braided hoses, cunifer lines, and MRAP adapter plates showed up from Peashooter. Everything looks great, if anybody is thinking about ordering anything from him, I highly recommend him. Everything is top notch quality and hes an absolutely great guy to deal with. I will give some forewarning on the adapter plates though, they are heavy. So if you order some, don't try to be Hercules and grab them and completely smash whatever is in your pocket :whistle:.

Brake hoses and lines:

IMG_20140212_124215_336.jpg
Sorry for the crappy picture, my cell phone camera doesn't like low light.

And here are the MRAP's and new XZL's (there are 3 more on a pallet behind those):

IMG_20140204_134127_779.jpgIMG_20140204_134628_286.jpg

Now the weather just needs to warm up (its dumping snow on us right now), and I need some time to get everything installed!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks