• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABS brakes for the Deuce.

bugwhacker

1.) Install Disc brakes ( or not your choice )
2.) Install Hydra-Max booster ( or split your system with a dual system of your choosing )
3.) Install wheel sensors at each front axle end, install wheel sensors on each wheel end of the middle tandem
4.) Install 4s/4m ABS module ( a nice frame mount combination valve body one )
5.) Wire all 4 wheel sensors to the ABS module
6.) Install front/rear brake line from hydra-max booster to the 4s/4m ABS module
7.) Install front -right and front - left brake lines from the 4s/4m ABS module to the front left and right brakes
8.) Install rear - right brake line from the 4s/4m ABS module to the right middle and right rear axle brakes
9.) Install rear - left brake line from the 4s/4m ABS module to the left middle and left rear axle brakes
10.) Program 4s/4m ABS module for split coefficient braking

Last edited:

bugwhacker

Installing an ABS system makes the front / rear proportioning imbalance of the disc brake system not so much of a concern because the ABS system will take care of rear brake lock-up and allow full braking to the maximum amount of the traction allowed.

To install the tone ring on each wheel can be accomplished with a system just like they used on the 939 when they retrofitted them. The tone ring is attached to the back side of the wheel studs - this will work for drum brakes but for disc brakes like I plan to install the rotor will be in the way.

I think that for a disc brake package I will attach my tone rings to the new rear seal adapter for the hubs.

Attachments

Last edited: