• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABS ECU Protection - Ideas

martinwcox

I have a blown ABS ECU, probably due to incorrrect shutdown sequence see
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/5-ton-up/90856-blown-abs-ecu-how-not-do-etc.html

So I was thinking of adding a DC-DC converter to power the two feeds to the ECU and therefore adding considerably more and better protection than afforded by the PCB.

You will note that there is a permanent feed as well as a switched feed from the start switch, I have not checked to see if Line #10 is actually live all the time or maybe switched by the PCB.

Anyone with an electrical / electronics background, please feel offer any advice here.

Regards,

Martin.

Attachments

cornrichard

I looked up 24 volt dc surge protector on e-b the auction that cannot be named. Several items came up. They looked to be adaptable to your unit. I do not have a 900 series truck, so that is as for as I will be looking.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

martinwcox

Well the device I originally found was $150 and only good for 10A, so I found one of these for $50 which I will wire into the supply line from the PCB and protect all the circuits fed from that point, good for 150A load and clamps at 31V.

NORTHERN TECHNOLOGY 24V SURGE PROTECTOR DCB-24SM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks