• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Abs fuse "BLOWS".

machinist75

Doing some work on the 923 today and decided to install my spare pcb box hoping it would solve the abs light being on at all times. Got it on, flipped the switch and still the light was on. Crawled under the dash, which isn't an easy chore, and fracked down the fuse holders. First I found the 3 amp fuse, still good. Next after about 10 mins of searching I found the 15 amp fuse. Pulled it out and it was blown. Installed a new one and flipped the switch, popped again. Anyone with greater knowledge than me have any ideas of what the problem could be. I looked around and the grounds that I could find and they looked fine. Any help would be apreciated.

Last edited:

Monkeyboyarmy

Most likely the abs control unit is bad. There is a diode in it that fails to a shorted circuit if there is an over-voltage condition. Between the rear axles, you will see the "black box" . Unplug the connector and try your fuse again. If the fuse doesn't blow, you know where your problem is at.

machinist75

Most likely the abs control unit is bad. There is a diode in it that fails to a shorted circuit if there is an over-voltage condition. Between the rear axles, you will see the "black box" . Unplug the connector and try your fuse again. If the fuse doesn't blow, you know where your problem is at.
Thats a good idea, thanks. I'll try that out.

profo

I had the same problem on mine found two things wrong the ABS ran off of 12 volts so the positive went to the middle jump terminal on the batteries and the module over the axle was shorted also blowning the fuse.

Marty

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ABS should be running on 24v not 12v, The heater wire is hooked up to 12v. Check the wire markers. The ABS wires may not be labeled.

machinist75

I unplugged the abs module (that thing is a pain in the arse to get too) and replaced the blown fuse again. Climbed back up in the cab and flipped the switch and the fuse didn't blow. So I'll be ordering a new abs module from the classifieds. When I get it in and plugged up I will update the results.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks