• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ABS wiring component

BuiltMFG

Had some smoke coming from the PDP and found this:

Ordered some new ones and they came without the top, anybody know anything about these?

DEUTSCH IPO-USA
DTO4-3P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

millma

While I'm not familiar with the wiring there at all, that looks a lot like a DT04-3P-P006 (it would come assembled like that with a blue "J1939" wedge lock, capped off wire seal, and two gold contacts installed).

A short to battery and ground across 120 Ohms would probably get the 1/2W resistor inside rather hot similar to the first picture if that's the case. What kind of wiring does it plug into? I've used the DT06 plug version for terminating J1939 networks with the a 120 Ohm resistor between the A and B positions.

BuiltMFG

It plugs into a male harness that has three wires coming out of it.

The top pice that i am missing is actually red. Is this some sort of resistor?

BuiltMFG

It plugs into a male harness that has three wires coming out of it.

The top pice that i am missing is actually red. Is this some sort of resistor?

millma

The -p006 modification comes with the weld cap like that on the DT04 housing from the factory. You can do the same thing with a 1/2W 120 Ohm resistor and contacts between A and B to get the same effect, without the environmental rating.

Here's the TE product page and dimensional drawing.

There should never be that much current through a terminating resistor though. Can you check the wiring harness with a DMM for voltage between the contacts?

BuiltMFG

The -p006 modification comes with the weld cap like that on the DT04 housing from the factory. You can do the same thing with a 1/2W 120 Ohm resistor and contacts between A and B to get the same effect, without the environmental rating.

Here's the TE product page and dimensional drawing.

There should never be that much current through a terminating resistor though. Can you check the wiring harness with a DMM for voltage between the contacts?
There is little to no current going through this. When I place the new resistor on the male it doesn't turn off the ABS light in the dash and it starts to get warm again. I don't see the ABS components in the TM's

coachgeo

There is little to no current going through this. When I place the new resistor on the male it doesn't turn off the ABS light in the dash and it starts to get warm again. I don't see the ABS components in the TM's
yeah so far no one has come up with a late enough TM (or partial TM) that shows anything about the ABS brakes.

millma

There is little to no current going through this. When I place the new resistor on the male it doesn't turn off the ABS light in the dash and it starts to get warm again.
Can you measure for voltage with ignition on between the A and B terminals of the connector to ground? There should be no continuity between either pin and the 12V or 24V rails. Anything 5V or less to ground is OK. A fault on the J1939 bus would likely cause the ABS light to stay on if it's expecting messages from the engine or transmission. The same voltages should also be visible at the OBD connector between C to A and D to A.

It should be possible to check for active codes in the ABS controller by shorting the low side of the coil for relay K17 (labeled "ABS LAMP" in the PDP) to ground for 1 second. The ECU should give a series of flashes in pairs for each code stored. That would let you know if the J1939 wiring is the only issue the ABS is detecting.

The Wabco ABS E Maintenance Manual has information on how to read and interpret the codes starting with Table A on page 31.

Here's what I was able to use for a quick jumper to trigger the blink code function:
IMG_20200309_212848_DRO.jpgIMG_20200309_212833_DRO.jpg

Berend

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had some smoke coming from the PDP and found this:

Ordered some new ones and they came without the top, anybody know anything about these?

DEUTSCH IPO-USA
DTO4-3P

I had exactly the same thing about a year ago with an A1 truck.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks