• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC blows hot for a minute

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I get hot air from the front while the rear is cold. I don’t know how to check that over complicated valve that goes from hot to cold. I don’t know how long it should take but when you want ac a few seconds is too long. Anyone know test procedure that I can do with my limited skills? I shore would like a push pull like my m1123… this is m1165 I’m dealing with

diesel_dave

It does take a few seconds (actually more like a minute for mine) because that valve is heat actuated. Has to heat up before it moves. Some people put a manual valve in so you can just set it closed when it's summer.

Autonomy_Lost

I just posted about this a few days ago. A 3/4" pex ball valve from home depot will drop right in and get you by. It will also help diagnose whether the valve is the issue or something else:

The only thing that weird to me is that it sounds like your AC does work after a few seconds, after that its fine? If thats the case you may have nothing wrong at all. In my case the front AC didnt blow cold after any amount of time, in fact it just got hotter over time before I put the valve in.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
May require a translation ? Basic principle in the valve and the delay -hysteresis of ackshueation.

Prices for this technomygolly really sucks or blows hot air.

Did I say that right? CAMO

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just posted about this a few days ago. A 3/4" pex ball valve from home depot will drop right in and get you by. It will also help diagnose whether the valve is the issue or something else:

The only thing that weird to me is that it sounds like your AC does work after a few seconds, after that its fine? If thats the case you may have nothing wrong at all. In my case the front AC didnt blow cold after any amount of time, in fact it just got hotter over time before I put the valve in.
Mine will blow cold but I have never experienced anything that blows hot air while calling for ac. Seems like value is slow or slower than I would like. I don’t know why it couldn’t start out closed and open when you call for heat.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
May require a translation ? Basic principle in the valve and the delay -hysteresis of ackshueation.

Prices for this technomygolly really sucks or blows hot air.

Did I say that right? CAMO
I really like a cable push/pull and I don’t understand why they intentionally make things worse thru engineering….

Autonomy_Lost

I really like a cable push/pull and I don’t understand why they intentionally make things worse thru engineering….
I agree completely, plus the cable will allow you to partially open the valve if you want to control the temperature. I plan to do this mod once I'm done with the more important mechanical things on my truck. I believe it should be a pretty easy drop-in using the parts from an m998.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not sweat it if it only blows hot for a minuet, and even in TX I have never had to throttle the heat, when it is cold enough for heat I need all the minuscule amount of heat the HMMWV will give.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not sweat it if it only blows hot for a minuet, and even in TX I have never had to throttle the heat, when it is cold enough for heat I need all the minuscule amount of heat the HMMWV will give.
I just don’t know how it should work but it seems like it has some room for improvement. Heat doesn’t do that great on my m1123

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks