• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC condenser relocation

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys, i am back again with questions and ideas.
What would be the general consensus on installing the Red Dot condenser on top of the radiatior in the engine bay area (picture is for reference) of course, i would be installing only the core and the electric fan x2. I do have enough space under the hood as i lifted my Mv body 2" for the turbo conversion. Have any of you done this specifically? I know someone dod the under the fender conversion but for me that would be buying a new condenser when i do have a good one almost new. Good? Bad? What ifs? Or just do it?

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The airflow through the cooling stack kind of sucks to begin with, so adding additional restriction isn't a good idea.

Add that to the additional heat from your turbo conversion (I'm assuming you still have the earlier cooling stack and haven't done the snout extension?) is probably a really bad idea.

That condenser unit isn't designed to be stacked with anything else.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RWH is of course correct. Still, search the OLD posts. People have installed in many novel places.