• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC ducts??

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK I am a little confused, I was thinking part #5 in the first picture connected to part number 8 in the second picture to carry air to the drivers feet, am I wrong??
I was wondering what to do with that port because I will be using the drivers side floor drop that mounts to the left side of the dash.
Port.JPGport1.JPG

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It does connect to part #8. There is a a vertical/rectangular hole thru the firewall adjacent to the doghouse and just above the passenger’s left knee. Will see if I can find a pic.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is what I thought, I was just miss understood before on the other thread, I am thinking of just epoxying a plastic door in that opening otherwise all the air will dump on the passenger side.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As RWH stated in the other thread, I have found that no air will pass thru the circular duct (part #7) to the driver’s side. Not sure why. It must be the path of most resistance and all of the flow goes thru the dash vents. I even get zero flow at the drivers feet when all dash vents are closed off. Strange.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am converting a M998, I do not have any of the ducting that goes through the doghouse, I am using the duct that attaches to the left end of the dash duct ass. for the drivers feet, I was just wondering what others did or do to plug the hole in the dash duct ass. just to the left of the evep that will no longer be used as I said I do not have any of the duct work that goes through (nor do I want) the doghouse.
I was thinking just cut out a plastic "door" and epoxying it in place.

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried troubleshooting the system with no luck (yet). With the cross duct disconnected, I get plenty of flow down and thru the rectangular port and into the engine compartment. But no joy as soon as the duct is in place. Weird. That semi articulated duct must restrict the flow enough that the blower gives up.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am converting a M998, I do not have any of the ducting that goes through the doghouse, I am using the duct that attaches to the left end of the dash duct ass. for the drivers feet, I was just wondering what others did or do to plug the hole in the dash duct ass. just to the left of the evep that will no longer be used as I said I do not have any of the duct work that goes through (nor do I want) the doghouse.
I was thinking just cut out a plastic "door" and epoxying it in place.
install an ECV WS frame, the frame is devoid of defrost vents.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
install an ECV WS frame, the frame is devoid of defrost vents.
I am sorry, I have obviously not explained this well enough, it has nothing to do with defroster vents, I am talking about this PORT that will be open dumping air into the passenger foot well because I do not have the ducting (nor do I want the ducting) that goes through the dog house, I was just wondering if there was a factory solution or should I just patch something in there to plug the hole.
Port.JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks