• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

AC on a turbo 6.2

Gunfighter1

Is there anyone whos running an aftermarket AC on there CUCV and has a turbo? I looked at the nostalgic air but theres not to many details if itll work with my turbo or even how it mounts. I'd be fine with an underdash mounted kit as i also have roll bar that would make taking the dash apart a bit difficult. Just looking for ideas on how to get some AC in my rig as summer will be here in AZ pretty soon and it will really start to get warm then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunfighter1

I assume you're still running the dual alternator setup?
Yeah, dont plan on converting it to 12v but would really like to have AC this summer. I thought about the rooftop mounted AC but there pretty bulky and i like to take the top off in the winter.

Racallahan1

Look at the M-1010 setup. If you could get the various brackets the M-1010 has that you don't, you could put an AC compressor in. You would have to move the batteries to the rear of the cab in order to get the AC plumbing routed correctly, I think. That was my plan before I found my civilian Blazer with factory air.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks