• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accelerator delay

DeadCrow

Hello folks, great to be here, I'm kind of new to the site. I am working on a 1984 M1009. I love the truck, I've had it for 20 years with not much drive time in that span unfortunately. I am currently experiencing an issue where, when I press the accelerator, it takes about 5 seconds to kick in. It's pretty consistent. This has been happening for a few weeks, but like I said, it's unfortunately not driven much. I am wondering if anyone has seen something like this.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Wreckclues

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had a similar problem in my 5 ton, turned out to be the filter assembly, couldn't hold prime. Replaced my o-rings, cleaned the baring surfaces and replaced the filter solved the problem. Another issue I had was a rotten fuel pickup tube in the tank. Not sure if your rigs have the same issue.

nyoffroad

Does this happen all the time, or just when engine is cold? Cold meaning first start up of the day. What happens if you start it in the AM and just let it sit and run? I'm thinking lift pump or sorry to say the IP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks