• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accelerator pedal issues

Autonomy_Lost

Since I've gotten my M998 I've noticed the accelerator pedal is pretty stiff. It ends up making the engine feel underpowered because you really have to jam on the pedal to get decent acceleration.

I've already checked and lubricated all the linkages at the top of the engine (sorry don't know the technical terms) and they feel totally fine. It seems to be an issue with the pedal itself.

Today I took a closer look and I noticed some issues where the pedal linkage goes through the firewall. There is a bushing assembly there. Its a triangle shaped plate with 3 bolts holding it to the firewall. The bushing appears to have some play in it, but also the entire firewall seems to flex slightly when you press on the pedal. Who the heck designed it like this? The firewall is very thin and flexes under the slightest bit of pressure. That combined with a slightly worn out bushing results in the pedal linkage (I'm talking about the rod that comes from the pedal, not the cable) rubbing on the firewall.

Anyway, what's the best way to fix this? Buy a whole new pedal assembly, or just replace the worn bushing? Is there anything that I can do to reinforce the firewall to remove some of the flex?

Sjoconnor

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I got my M998 a few years ago I dealt with the same thing. My girlfriend said my right leg was getting bigger from having to push the pedal. I started a thread on here and most everyone said its not like a regular modern pickup etc.... So last month I needed a project and bought the whole pedal assembly (23$) ? and accelerator cable. Its made a big difference. I now have full travel resulting in being able to get full power out of this beast :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Took only an hour or so with a helper. The TM was a big help.

Good luck
Stephen

Autonomy_Lost

When I got my M998 a few years ago I dealt with the same thing. My girlfriend said my right leg was getting bigger from having to push the pedal. I started a thread on here and most everyone said its not like a regular modern pickup etc.... So last month I needed a project and bought the whole pedal assembly (23$) ? and accelerator cable. Its made a big difference. I now have full travel resulting in being able to get full power out of this beast :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Took only an hour or so with a helper. The TM was a big help.

Good luck
Stephen
Thanks for the info, I think I'll go ahead and do the same thing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks