• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Acceptable hub temperatures?

FLU419 in VT

Does anyone know approximately what the hub temperatures should be after driving to 20ish miles on the road on an 80 degree day? (FLU419 for reference) I’ve always gone around and felt them with my hand, and if they all felt similar, called it good. Today I used an infrared heat gun on them for the first time, and got approximately 230 degrees on the fronts and 150 degrees on the rears. Does that seem correct? Portal fluid levels are correct and the fluid is freshly changed less than 500 miles ago, and was done in February of this year.
I just jacked up the front of it, and it appears that despite the selector switch being in 2wd, the front dif is still engaged as the wheels turn the opposite direction when I try to spin them, and there’s a fair amount of resistance. I tried searching through old threads, but had a problem finding something talking about this, so thanks for any help!

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just jacked up the front of it, and it appears that despite the selector switch being in 2wd, the front dif is still engaged as the wheels turn the opposite direction when I try to spin them, and there’s a fair amount of resistance.
Wheels turning in the opposite direction is proof that the diff is not locked.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks