• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Accessory Hook Up ?

Artisan

Guys I own an M916 . I want to connect a 12V two outlet accessory
outlet to power phones, GPS, etc. Here is a picture of the circuit
breaker box and what I "think" is a "Buss bar" or a distribution
type of block below the circuit breakers in the truck. HERE is
a picture of the fused 12V two outlet accessory outlet.

You can see the red and black wires connected to the "buss bar" that are turned into a curly cue,
those or the wires that feed my 12V Accessory box.

I checked the voltage w/ the engine running, it was 13.xx if I remember right.

I grounded it right to the dash as you see. Everything worked fine, the lighted rocker
switches on the accessory box lite up and my Streamlight Flashlight charger light came
on, all good. OK DONE, but.................

...I drove to an AMVETS swap meet and on the way my GPS shut off, I looked
over and saw the lighted rocker switch was not lit up! Then it was lit up,
then it was not lit up again! ???

Any help gents?

CLICK HERE to see a Schematic and CLICK HERE to see the dash harness.

Artisan

I made the crimp connections myself and I am sure they are solid.

The ground connection resistance with a multi-meter? I would need direction.
I do have a multi meter. I am not skilled in it's use.

It's fairly straight forward. Turn the knob to the horse shoe looking symbol, if there is multiple range numbers choose the lowest. Touch both probes together, and they should read 0.00. Next find an area of clean metal somewhere on the chassis of the vehicle within arms reach of the 12v outlet. Touch one probe to the center area where the negative prong of a plug would sit, and the other to your clean metal area (sometimes a little gentle scratching is required). The reading should be close to 0, also make sure your number does not have a "k" or "m" beside it.

ETA: or we could just upload a useful Youtube video aua

Artisan

Well, I have no time currently to go learn a new trade, but I will look at those videos
and THANK YOU guys for the links to go learn but there is a new development.

Today I was driving it and I see that when I am in NEUTRAL it works,
as soon as I drop into gear I loose that power.

I linked to the schematics. I am LOST!

I have no time to learn w/ all that is on my plate, if you are a master electrician
and if you can tell me what to do I will pay you.

This is stupid silly, so it seems, it is what it is, something is not right / where I connected is wrong.

I need a resolve. No time to learn another trade this week.

Anyone?

So this is just a WAG but it sounds like you are piggy backing off wire #47 if so move to #47A. It looks like your bus bar doesn't completely match the wiring diagram but it's hard to tell without physically being there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks